Matuka Lodge offers 5 star luxury in a tranquil rural setting with spectacular mountain views. The Lodge is located 3km from Twizel, the Gateway to World Heritage listed Mt Cook National Park, halfway between Christchurch and Queenstown. Nearby are some of the best fly fishing streams and lakes in New Zealand.
Decorated with a blend of contemporary and antique furniture, original artworks and unique artifacts, the Lodge is casually elegant yet intimate. Personalized service, superlative accommodation and fine dining ensure an exceptional vacation experience for those fortunate enough to discover the magic that is Matuka Lodge.
Specifically designed for those seeking the highest level of comfort, Matuka Lodge provides luxury accommodation that will ensure an exceptional stay for every guest.
Facilities include a wood burning fireplace; satellite TV, DVD, Internet access and library. The sunroom, with its panoramic vistas of snow-covered peaks, is surrounded by a spacious deck built out over the water of the Lodge’s private trout pond. Complimentary tea and coffee are available all day. The Lodge has a helipad.
Whether your day is spent fly fishing, exploring Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park or relaxing in the tranquil atmosphere of your luxury vacation lodge, it will conclude with a convivial drink with your hosts before you enjoy the Lodge's cold buffet supper, or dinner in Twizel
Nearby attractions and activities:
Whether you seek outstanding trout fishing, relaxing tranquillity or challenging adventure in nearby Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, an exceptional vacation experience awaits you in Mackenzie High Country, the jewel of New Zealand.
* Explore the amazing natural marvels of Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park - well marked tracks provide walks suitable for all levels of fitness
* Take a tour to linger at the location site of the Lord of the Rings climactic battle scene, or learn how the finest merino wool in New Zealand is produced on a trip to a working sheep station
* Take a once-in-a-lifetime helicopter or ski plane flight around Mt Cook and land on a glacier
* Visit the nearby hydro lakes, part of New Zealand's largest hydro-electric system (their turquoise colour due to "rock flour" – the product of glaciers)
* Experience gliding at the internationally famous gliding centre at Omarama - just 30km away
* Visit a salmon farm where the superb salmon served at Matuka Lodge is produced
* Check out the Kaki Visitor Hide, to observe the breeding programme for the Black Stilt, one of the world's rarest and most endangered birds, now saved from extinction
* For the more adventurous there’s heli-biking, mountain climbing, bush trekking and backcountry exploring on mountain bikes or in 4-wheel drives
* If you are an avid hunter, world-class trophy Red Deer, Tahr and Chamois will test your skill
Half way between Christchurch and Queenstown.
* Deposit 50% of room rate, or Credit Card number, required to confirm booking. VISA, American Express,Diners Club, MasterCard.
* Cancellation policy- every attempt will be made to rebook the suite, if it cannot be relit the following cancellation fee will be charged:
8-30 days prior to booking 30%
1-7 days prior to booking 100%
* Check in - 3pm, Check out - 10.30 am.
* Regrettably, Matuka Lodge is not suitable for children or pets.
Cost per room, bed and breakfast, supper extra $38pp, plus wine
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
|Check out these similar vacation offers: