Located on the northeastern coast of Papua New Guinea, and 250 kilometers east northeast of Port Moresby, Tufi Dive Resort is perched on the flanking slopes of Mount Trafalgar overlooking sheer rock faces that plunge into an enclosed picturesque fjord draped in exotic rain forest to the waters edge.
The Tufi region is the undiscovered Mecca for diving enthusiasts. Blessed with unequaled marine diversity, an unspoilt pristine environment, and untouched WWII historical dive sites (Used by USA as PT Boat Base in World War II.), unique in the cultural attractions it can offer to the visitor. Tufi is the ultimate dive destination.
Just a short flight due east of the PNG capital, Port Moresby, discover majestic fjords, the beauty of the reef and rain forest, and the unique unexplored diving opportunities of the Solomon Sea. Tufi is a tourist paradise just waiting to be explored.
- Modern, air conditioned bungalows with panoramic sea and fjord views
- Hot and cold showers, 24 hour power
- Fully serviced bar
- 3 gourmet meals and snacks provided from a western style restaurant
- Babysitting facilities available
- All of the civilized creature comforts, screens, air-cons, hot water, ensuites, bar fridge, coffee and tea making facilities are available.
- Most units have verandahs overlooking the fiord or Coral sea
- Conference Facilities: Tufi Dive Resort has a fully refurbished conference centre which can accommodate 30 people. The centre is equipped with standard audio and visual aperatus, as well as video, flip chart and white boards
- There are phone and fax facilities at the resort
- The Resort can arrange local child minding at reasonable rates provided adequate notice is given.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Dive shop, Gift shop, Tour desk, Huge library of books, cds, and DVD/videos
- Pool and day spa, Bar
- Water fishing, Bushwalking, Bird and butterfly watching
- Diving at Tufi, Fjords and Snorkelling, Fishing
- Cruising, Canoeing And Kayaking
- Jebo Guest House & Waterfalls Day Trip
- Day outing to Kupari Point Village
- Kofure Village Tour
- For the naturalists, Tufi is home for many of the worlds most exquisite orchids
- Local Papua New Guinea villages that can put on mini cultural shows and sing sings, sell a range of PNG artefacts and teach local craft
- The surrounding area is rugged and remote and home to some of PNGs most fascinating flora and fauna including birds of paradise, the largest butterfly in the world and rare and exotic orchids
- The resort is located five minutes from the airstrip and has a local trade store that sells basic necessities
- There are stunning beaches, hiking trails, and WWII history, including the Kokoda track a short airplane trip away.
- Children under 10 FOC. 10% deposit.
- Cancellations under 30 days - 15 days 50% refund.
- Minimum stay 3 nights, check in check out based on plane departures.
- Childcare can be provided with at least 24 hours notice.
- Credit Cards: We accept Master card and Visa credit cards, travelers’ cheques, cash and overseas bank drafts.
- Foreign Exchange: Tufi Dive Resort exchanges major foreign currencies provided this is not in excess of US$1000.
Activities & Tours:
- Boat Dive: 1 Dive-$80, 2 Dives-$150, 3 Dives-$180
- Wharf Dive: 1 Dive-$30, 2 Dives-$50, 3 Dives-$60
- Night Wharf Dive (After 7:00pm: 1 Dive-$50.
Specialty Wreck Dives:
- Black Jack B17 (Min 6 Divers, Nov-Apr only): $375 Per Diver
- Pistoff B25 Mitchell Bomber: $190 Per Diver
- If Boat Diving is impossible due to Weather/Boat or any unexpected reason, diving will be transferrable to other activities but is not refundable.
- Chamber Levy AUD$4.50/day excluded.
- Landowner tax for Canoeing, Walking, Snorkeling & Diving excluded
- Full or partial gear hire available. From $20.00 for snorkel gear to $60.00 for full dive gear.
- Half Day: $75 p/p
- Full Day: $150 p/p
- Boat Transfers To Village (One Way): $90.00 per boat
- Pelagic Fishing: From $120 per hour
- Musa River Bass Fishing (Min 4 Pax): $240.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- Deluxe Bungalow (p/p per nightight): Single-$250, Double-$170, Child-$92.50
- Standard Bungalow (p/p per nightight): Single-$175, Double-$145, Child-$65
- Double Family Unit (p/p per nightight): Single-$175, Double-$145, Child-$65
- Single Room (p/p per nightight): Single-$120,
- Overnight Village Guesthouse (p/p per nightight): Single-$90, Double-$90
- Boat Transfers To Village (One Way): $90 per boat.
- Rate includes continental breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Children under 10 free of charge
- Includes return transfers from Tufi airport to resort.
About This Supplier
||Location: Papua New Guinea
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2004
Located on the northeastern coast of Papua New Guinea, and 250 kilomteres east northeast of Port Moresby, M13142 is perched on the flanking slopes of Mount Trafalgar overlooking sheer rock faces that plunge into an enclosed picturesque fjord draped in exotic rainforest to the waters edge.
The Tufi region is the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: