Home » Eco lodges » Swaziland » Mkhaya Game Reserve
Mkhaya Game Reserve
View Gallery »

Contact this supplier 

Mkhaya Game Reserve

offered by supplier M13187 (read about supplier)

Key Information:
Specialty Category: Eco lodges
Location: Swaziland
Region: Africa
Min Price: 100 South Africa Rand (ZAR) per day
Max Price: 100 South Africa Rand (ZAR) per day

M13187 was established in 1979 to save the pure Nguni breed of cattle from extinction and is a proclaimed Nature Reserve. Its focus has expanded over the years to include other endangered species such as black rhino, roan and sable antelope, tsessebe, white rhino, elephant and other locally endangered species.

M13187, named after the Acacia nigrescens tree, comprises of acacia-dominated thorn veld in the south and broad leaf sand veld in the north. Unique, intimate encounters with M13187’s wildlife are almost guaranteed as all travel within the reserve is solely by Big Game Parks’ open Land Rovers or on foot (all guided). The reserve is criss-crossed with dry riverbeds, dotted with waterholes and has a network of intertwined game-viewing roads.

After a day out in the hot African bush, come back to the camp that is sited in bird-rich riverine forests and enjoy an ice-cold drink under the giant sausage tree or retire to the comfortable stone and thatch open style accommodation and sit back and enjoy real nature.

M13187 is staffed and patrolled entirely by Swazis from neighboring communities and currently boasts what is arguably Africa's most effective anti-poaching unit. M13187 is totally self-financing through visitor revenues. Your support is greatly appreciated as a means of sustaining this unique international conservation effort.

Property amenities:
- Fully catered accommodation in open thatched stone cottages set in a tranquil riverine forest.
- Enthralling game drives and walks with a Swazi guide and at night, dinner under the stars followed by Traditional Swazi dancing.
- There is no electricity - a trip to M13187 is a trip into Real Africa.

Nearby attractions and activities:
- Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary offers horse, mountain bike and hiking trails and Umphakatsi cultural experience.
- Hlane Royal National Park - lion tour.
- Swazi Candles, Manzini Market, Ezulwini Cultural Crafts, Health Spa and "Cuddle Puddle".
- Ngwenya glass blowing. One to two hours away.

Policy:
Rates are quoted in SA Rand (ZAR)per person per night. Prices subject to confirmation at time of booking. Rates include 14% tax where applicable but exclude any tourism/bed levies.

All reservations accepted are subject to Big Game Parks reservations conditions. No children under 4 years of age at M13187. Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of the required payment. Rates may vary. Cancellation policy: 30-21 days prior 25% of total booking value, 14-20 days prior 50%, 7-13 days prior 75%, 0-6 days prior 100%. All refunds or modifications are subject to a 15% handling fee or minimum charge of E100-00.

Check in times Strictly at 10H00 and 16H00 Daily. Guests vehicles are parked in secure area and they are driven by open landrover to Stone Camp. No minimum stay but recommend no shorter than two nights. Strictly no pets.

Supplier Information
Photos: Next »
Location: Swaziland
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2004
Client Request Served: 58

M13187 was established in 1979 to save the pure Nguni breed of cattle from extinction and is a proclaimed Nature Reserve. Its focus has expanded over the years to include other endangered species such as black rhino, roan & sable antelope, tsessebe, white rhino, elephant and other locally endangered species. ...

View this supplier profile   |   Submit your review

Out-Of-The-Ordinary Ranking
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
  See results

Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
Check out these similar vacation offers:
Ask questions
Inquire availability
Order free brochure

Privacy Statement: We do not share or sell your personal information to outside parties.
First Name*
Last Name*
Phone Number*
E-mail Address*
Country of Residence*
Skype
Alternative Phone Number
Number of Adults*
Number of Children*
Approximate Travel Period*
From*:
To*:
Travel Period Flexible*:
Duration*
How did you hear
about infohub.com?
Questions/requests for this supplier
Add me to newsletter*
Do you want a brochure
to be mailed to you?*


!!! You have no obligation to purchase anything. Their sales/reservation desk will get back to you shortly.