Southern Cross Club was the first resort ever built on Little Cayman Island. Established in 1958, the club has built a proud tradition as a beautiful, comfortable abode for Caribbean adventurers seeking barefoot charm.
Built as a private fishing and vacation club for a group of true explorers, the club expanded into scuba diving on Little Cayman as the sport itself developed. Many of the famous dive sites you will experience in the Bloody Bay/Jackson Bay Marine Parks of Little Cayman were first discovered, mapped, and named by the early associates of Southern Cross Club. Opened to the public in the mid eighties, word slowly spread of this paradise for divers, fishermen, and vacationers seeking the best conditions possible for each of these pursuits.
In 1994 Peter Hillenbrand bought the club from the members group and moved permanently to Little Cayman. Pete was no stranger to the club or Little Cayman as his father was one of SCC’s early investors. His first action was to close the club for almost one year to completely renovate, update, and rejuvenate the club. Upon reopening, many of the old club guests came down to assess his work. These guests are still coming down today and will tell you that Pete is the best possible thing to have ever happened to their beloved getaway!
At SCC you’ll have an oceanfront beach bungalow. Our 10 bungalows are spread out over 900 feet of wide white sand beach. All bungalows are built directly on the sand scattered anywhere from 10-25 yards from the waters edge. Each bungalow is approximately 500 sq ft and furnished with either 2 queen beds or 1 king bed. They all have a nice sitting/reading area, vanity area, private bath, air-conditioned with open bean ceilings and ceiling fans. Your front porch is a peaceful spot to watch the waves on the barrier reef, bone fish feeding in the flats, and a beautiful view of Owen Island.
* Air conditioned oceanfront beach bungalow
* Daily maid service
* All meals in the club house dining room
* Complimentary use of bicycles
* Beach towels, and sea kayaks during your stay
* Island Moon Massage
* 800 ft of beachfront with only 11 cottages
* All meals included
* Spacious dive boats for intimate diving
* Highest staff to guest ratio on the island
* Guaranteed comfy hammocks
* Free bikes, kayaks, and towels
* Fresh fruit and water on dive boats
Nearby attractions and activities:
* The bicycles and sea kayaks included with your club stay provide a great way to explore Little Cayman by land and by sea.
* The island provides some of the finest bird watching anywhere in the Caribbean and is home to the largest Red Footed Booby colony in the northern hemisphere.
* One of the most popular activities on Little Cayman though is hammock tending! You won’t find a more relaxing spot to kick back, sway in the breeze, read a good book, or take the most excellent nap you’ve had in years.
* Once reservations are made, there is a 25% deposit due.
* Final and/or full payments are due 45 days prior to arrival.
* There are no refunds for cancellations within 45 days of arrival (cancellation insurance is recommended if your vacation dates are questionable).
* If severe weather prevents travel to or from the Caymans, affected guests will receive a 100% "club credit" of money on account for a future stay (no penalties).
HOW OUR (ACTIVITY) PACKAGES WORK:
Southern Cross Club offers dive, fish and vacation packages. Generally speaking, the longer you stay the lower the cost of nightly room and board. In addition, if you buy a dive or fish package when you make your reservation, the cost of diving or fishing is much less than if you buy your diving or fishing at the Club a la carte. For example, the cost of a 2-tank dive in a winter season 7-night dive package is $46.00. An a la carte 2-tank dive is priced at $80.00.
Southern Cross Club offers fishing packages and 2 or 3 tank per day dive packages. There are some special dives for which a surcharge is added, such as night dives, dusk dives, or trips to the Tibbett’s. Fishing packages include one flats fishing session per day valued at $160.00 ala-carte (does not include rod rental or tackle). When you buy a fishing package the cost of a flats fishing session is much less, similar to the diving example above. If you wish to swap pre-paid diving credits for equal value fishing credits, or vice versa - no problems.
HOW OUR EARLY DEPARTURE REFUND POLICY WORKS:
If you have to depart the Southern Cross Club early for any reason we offer a credit of 20% of your unused pre-paid package. We hope this will give you reason to return to the Club. Any charges outside of the pre-paid package (i.e. bar or gift shop purchases) cannot be used as a credit towards your unused deposit and must be paid in full at checkout. This credit will be good for up to one year after the day of your departure. Please make sure you receive a SCC Credit Card when you check out.
REFUNDS ON UNUSED PORTIONS OF PREPAID ACTIVITY PACKAGES:
Sometimes a guest may not be able to fulfill all of the diving or fishing that is pre-paid in a package. If you miss a day of pre-paid diving or fishing because of weather, or health or just because you want to take a day off, you have a few credit options available:
You can trade a fishing trip for diving or dive instruction, or vice versa. For example, if you were unable to participate in one of the morning 2-tank dive trips included with your dive package, you have a credit for a morning 2-tank dive, or activity of equal value (diving, dive instruction or fishing). You can use this credit either later in your stay, or on your next visit to the Club. Be sure to get your SCC Credit Card on departure. The credit is valid only for fishing or diving outside of pre-paid package activities.
In the unlikely event Southern Cross Club has a problem (i.e. mechanical failure) and you are unable to use any part of your activity credit (diving or fishing) then you are due a refund for the value of the diving or fishing you missed. The refund will be the dollar amount you paid in your activity package. For example. if you were unable to utilize one of your 2-tank dives on a 7 night dive package you would receive a refund value of $46.00. This refund will be sent to your home from our U.S. office.
* 3 Tank/Day Diver Packages
* 2 Tank/Day Diver Packages
* Scuba Diving Packages
* Fishing Packages
* General Vacation Packages
* Rental Equipment
* Refund Policy
* Island Moon Massage
All packages include:
* r/t transfers, beach front room, three meals daily, applicable service charge and government room tax.
* Prices are per person/US$
* Beverages and related service charge not included.
* Dive & fishing credits in all dive/angler packages include diving/fishing beginning the day after arrival and ending the day before departure.
* Unused package features not refundable.
* All prices quoted in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
* No Children under 5 years of age.
* Ages 5 - 9 $120.00/day when in room with adult.
* Blossom Cottage: Inquire for rates on SCC's 2 bedroom beach house.
* Beach Suite: add $50.00 per night
THE ULTIMATE INTIMATE ISLAND WEDDING - It is a pleasure for us at the Southern Cross Club to host special weddings. Every wedding here on Little Cayman Island is unique. We have put together wedding packages that eliminate the inconveniences of planning a destination wedding, while maintaining your own personal style.
Personalized ceremonies include: moonlit under the stars, private deserted island setting, and beachfront, church and underwater ceremonies.
Packages start at $1,500 and include officiate, license, ceremony, candlelight dinner, cake and champagne for two.
||Location: Cayman Is.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2005
Client Request Served: 19
M13282 was the first resort ever built on Little Cayman Island. Established in 1958, the club has built a proud tradition as a beautiful, comfortable abode for Caribbean adventurers seeking barefoot charm.
Built as a private fishing and vacation club for a group of true explorers, the club expanded into scuba...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: