Historic lodge on the edge of the largest Wilderness in the Lower 48 with over 50 miles of wild trout streams, including the mighty Middle Fork and South Fork of the Salmon Rivers and many high-mountain lakes. Westslope Cutthroat, Rainbow, Brook Trout and Dolly Varden (Bull Trout), dry fly, nymph and still-water float-tube experiences. Excellent instruction for beginners and novice fly fishermen.
The River of No Return Wilderness and the finest Idaho mountain cutthroat stream dry fly fishing trout fishing in the Northwest. Escape to an Idaho Western Adventure wilderness fly fishing vacation at one of the finest fly fishing lodges and full dude and guest ranch facilities, enjoying all combined activities and services. Orvis endorsed wilderness fishing in the Northwest on Idaho’s Middle Fork Salmon river, some of the finest in the Rocky Mountains, with guest ranch horseback trail riding, pack trip fly fishing vacation, mountain biking, historical hiking trails and Orvis and National Geographic Traveler recommended lodging and fine dining.
We are proud to have been accepted as one of the very few Orvis Endorsed Fly-Fishing Lodges. Orvis bases their endorsement on the high quality of sportfishing available, as well as on the high quality of amenities offered in lodging and dining. First-time visitors are usually amazed to find such a comfortable blend of homespun western charm and gracious Virginia antiques. From curios and historic treasures to fine china and crystal goblets, the richness of mountain country folklore reaches out to welcome you. The subtle taste of elegance and style makes this a natural setting for fine relaxation and pleasant conversation.
Spanning the entire length of the lodge is our broad front porch, a favorite gathering spot before and after dinner. The old fashioned swing is a wonderful place to curl up with a good book on a lazy afternoon. The Great Room provides the perfect backdrop for an after dinner cup of exotic-blend coffee. Several comfortable couches and easy chairs focus on a mammoth stone fireplace. The warm glow of flames sets just the right mood while you listen to the fish tales of yesterday and today. This is the place to find an intriguing book from our substantial library, pick a board game from the Game Cupboard, or try your hand at our player piano.
Private guest cabins - You get much more than just a bedroom at M13293. Enjoy your own stunning panoramic view of the timbered mountains flanking this magnificent valley. When you first open your door, you’ll be greeted with fresh flowers, snacking goodies, a refrigerator filled with soft drinks, your own coffee maker, and a fruit basket brimming with seasonal selections. All our cabins are light and airy, each with an ambiance all its own. Newly carpeted and refurbished, they boast of both electric baseboard heat and a functional wood stove resting on a stone hearth. You will find your cabin scrupulously clean and the decor warm and inviting. With separate bedroom(s), a modern bath, large living room, fully equipped kitchenette, and daily maid service, you’ll find every comfort and convenience to make your stay a pleasure.
Nearby attractions and activities:
* Horseback Riding - Certainly no other backcountry activity can spark your imagination and sense of adventure as does riding the trails on a good horse. Let your horse watch the trail so you can lift your eyes and discover the scenery. Our horses are professionals; gentle, sure-footed and experienced on mountain trails.
* Walking And Hiking - Enjoy a leisurely stroll over our gentle rolling paths. Pat the velvet muzzle of friendly horse as you walk along the zig-zag fence row. Stop and sit a spell on a sun-warmed rock and let your eyes drink in the vibrant green of swaying grasses sprinkled with a rainbow-profusion of colorful wildflowers.
* Photography - There’s and infinite number of backcountry subjects to capture on film. Amateurs and professionals alike have found Wapiti Meadow to be a photographers paradise. Camera safaris can be planned in advance.
* Wild Salmon Spawning Stream - Each year, around mid-July, adult salmon colored with a brilliant spawning-orange,
return to Johnson Creek. For a 6-8 week period, you can witness their ritualistic mating dance over the spawning gravel that lines the stream. Take a seat on the bridge or at stream side and enjoy a few quiet moments contemplating the secrets of life.
* Mountain Biking - The trails and old mining and logging roads that spider web the Johnson Creek valley are motor vehicle free and offer a variety of terrain and challenge for the mountain biker. We have bikes available, with reservations at the time of booking, for those who wish to make a whole cycling vacation or others who simply want some variety.
* Snowmobiling - Suit up for some white and wild excitement! We have over 100 miles of groomed trails starting right at the ranch. With the right snow conditions, dozens of small feeder roads provide miles of additional trails to explore.
Licensed snowmobile guides are on staff, primed and eager to hit the trails at no extra charge.
* Cross Country Skiing - Ski here and feel like it’s just you and Mother Nature. Wapiti Meadow has mile after mile of groomed ski trails and backcountry powder leading from your doorstep.
135 miles North of Boise, on edge of River of No Return Wilderness
30% deposit upon booking, balance due 30 days before arrival, deposit applicable to later booking if cancellation necessary within 60 days, mid-day check-in -out, 3 day minimum stay in July, August and until mid-September, no smoking indoors, no pets, children old enough to participate in fishing/riding activities with parents, welcome. No childcare available.
Fly fishing Adventures (July, August & September):
* 6 Night Week-$2,750 per person
* 3 Night Stay- $1,925 per person
Inclusive of all lodging, meals, guiding for fly fishing and horseback riding, instruction and use of newest Orvis rods and reels and flight to and from the Middle Fork of the Salmon River with an option of one day or an overnight and two days of fishing there.
Combination Adventures (July, August & September):
* 6 Night Week-$2,530 per person
Inclusive of 3 days guided fly fishing and 2 days of trail riding or 2 days guided fly fishing and 3 days of trail riding, combination to be determined at time of booking.
* 3 Night Stay-$1,760 per person
Inclusive of 2 days guided fly fishing and 1 day of trail riding OR 1 day guided fly fishing and 2 days of trail riding, combination to be determined at time of booking.
Riding Adventures (June, July, August, September):
* 6 Night Week-$2,035 per person
* 3 Night Stay-$1,430 per person
Inclusive of all lodging, meals and unlimited, personalized guided horseback trail riding. Individualized pack trips are available for limited numbers of guests and limited dates at $100 per person per day surcharge.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2005
Historic lodge on the edge of the largest Wilderness in the Lower 48 with over 50 miles of wild trout streams, including the mighty Middle Fork and South Fork of the Salmon Rivers and many high-mountain lakes. Westslope Cutthroat, Rainbow, Brook Trout and Dolly Varden (Bull Trout), dry fly, nymph and still-water...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: