Along the historical Mozambique Channel lies tropical Ilha de Benguerra, part of the Bazaruto National Park - an island paradise situated within the renowned Bazaruto Archipelago - and perfect for the ultimate Mozambique beach holiday.
Here too is beautiful Benguerra Lodge, where peace and contentment penetrate the soul. Merged into a natural acacia forest bordering Benguerra Bay and encircled by silver beaches, coral reefs and turquoise seas, this up-market Lodge offers exclusivity in a tranquil setting.
We offer genuine hospitality, personalized service and an intimate knowledge of our natural environment. We are passionate about conservation and dedicated to the involvement of the local community in sharing and conserving the spirit of Africa.
The Lodge is small and intimate and has a rich East African/Arabic feel – evinced in both the décor, and the unique and delectable food, comprised largely of freshly caught seafood. 11 private en-suite chalets merge naturally into the surrounding indigenous forest and are only a moment’s walk from the gorgeous white half-moon beach of Benguerra Bay.
Benguerra Lodge is a paradise for snorkelers and scuba divers. The lodge has a fully equipped dive centre and access to some of the most pristine reefs in the world. There is also excellent saltwater fly and deep sea fishing to be had.
Indulge yourself in countless hours of relaxation under coconut palms, delight in the diversity of bird life (more than 150 species), visit the historic freshwater lakes (and their crocodiles), sail in a traditional Dhow and search the seas for the legendary dugongs. You can choose to do as much, or as little, as you like…
2 cabanas (double bed rooms) - Built right on the edge of the beach. Each room has it’s own private deck with jacuzzi/plunge pool, hammocks and sun loungers; a mini-bar; tea and coffee making facilities; a large bathroom with bath and shower and a gorgeous outdoor shower.
10 CASITAS - (6 Double bed rooms and 4 Twin bed rooms) Built right on the edge of the beach and offer the ultimate in romance, elegance and seduction. Each suite has it’s own private lounge and woodend deck with Jacuzzi/plunge pool, outdoor dining area, hammocks and sun loungers; a mini-bar; tea & coffee making facilities; a large bathroom with bath and shower and a gorgeous outdoor shower.
THE VILLA AT BENGUERRA LODGE - This exclusive, private Villa is ideal for honeymoon couples and family special occasions. Set away from the rest of the complex, guests enjoy total privacy. A personal chef is available to prepare all meals. However guests may have any meal at the Lodge should they wish to.
The Villa is decorated in East African style and consists of two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, intimate lounge and dining area with hand carved mahogany table. Outside on the wooden deck is a Jacuzzi/plunge pool for relaxation. The stay at The Villa includes 3 meals per day, all drinks, daily laundry, medical rescue insurance, 17% Mozambique tax, 1 snorkel trip, 1 Landrover trip with picnic lunch and 1 dhow sunset cruise.
The main lodge building comprising of:
* Reception Area & Gift Shop
* Lounge & Bar
* Dining Room
* Library and large deck area, is flanked by 2 romantic Cabanas and 10 luxurious Casitas.
* On the large deck area, guests can enjoy a cocktail and sit back after the day’s events.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Gorgeous beaches and an unspoiled marine environment. We offer:
- Scuba diving
- Deep sea fishing
- Saltwater fly fishing
- Bird watching
- Dhow cruising
- Visits to unique freshwater lakes
- Island walks and cultural tours to the local village
- Cruises on a traditional Dhow (quaint wooden boats used for centuries by the local fishermen), and lots of Rest and Relaxation.
Deposit: a 20% deposit is required within 2 weeks of making a booking to confirm. The balance of payment is then due 6 weeks before departure.
- No refunds for late arrival or early departure.
- We welcome children of 8 years and older. (Children are accommodated in their own rooms. They are not able to share the room with adults.)
Cancellation penalty for bookings cancelled less than a month prior to travel.
- 60 days prior to arrival: Deposit forfeited
- 30 days prior to arrival: 50% of total value
- 15 days prior to arrival: 100% of total value
Please note: for Peak Season bookings an alternative Cancellation Policy may apply.
- Cabana: Sharing: $490.00 p/p
* Sharing: $810.00 p/p
* Children: $300.00 per child (8 years and older) per night Children are accommodated in their own bungalow, separate from the adult's Casita. The lodge is not able to put additional beds into parents room).
- In addition to the below, all Honeymooners receive a small gift and sparkling wine on arrival. And we arrange a private, romantic dinner for 2 on the beach one evening.
- Accommodation Rates are Inclusive of: All Meals & Snacks, All Drinks (excluding selected spirits and wines), All Activities - (excluding scuba diving, fishing and yacht trips) Laundry Service, Medical Rescue, Insurance and all local taxes.
The Villa: per unit: $3520.00 p/p.
The Villa is completely private and exclusive, set apart from the rest of the Lodge. It has 2 double bedrooms, a plunge pool/jacuzzi and a personal chef to prepare all meals in situ.
- All meals and snacks
- All drinks (excluding selected spirits and wines)
- All activities (excluding Scuba diving, fishing and yacht trips)
- Laundry service
- Medical rescue
- Insurance and all local taxes.
- All drinks
- Activities: snorkeling at 2 mile reef, scuba diving, fishing, catamaran trips, dhow cruises, horse riding, safari and castaway picnics, Landrover island tours, helicopter tours and spa treatments
- Shop purchases
- National parks fee
- Flights and island transfers
- Visa costs and airport taxes
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2005
Client Request Served: 57
Benguerra is a unique, African island paradise – washed by the turquoise waters of the warm Moçambique channel. This is barefoot luxury at its very best.
The Lodge is small and intimate, with a rich East African/Arabic feel – evident in both the décor, and the unique and delectable food which comprise largely...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: