Moody’s Namena Resort, Fiji is an environmentally friendly private island South Pacific getaway and offers scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing or honeymoon vacations with Fijian bure accommodation. The Resort is a secluded paradise with white sand beaches as well as hiking trails through tropical forest.
* Bures are hexagonal and built of native woods, bamboo and cane to blend with the environment.
* All are oceanfront and each has its own unique view out to sea, overlooking either the beach or the reefs at the base of the cliffs.
* One of the six sections of the hexagon is the bathroom area with his/her toilets & sinks joined by an over-size shower.
* The bedroom is dominated by a king-size canopy bed with mosquito netting draped around the base of the canopy.
* You’ll find coffee/tea making facilities in the beautiful hardwood cabinet tucked in a corner of your bedroom.
* Romantic gas lamps, reminiscent of lighting at the turn of the century, provides 24 hour lighting.
* There are solar lamps for reading in bed along with a fan for our hot humid summers when the tradewinds are light.
* Piped-in gas runs your lights, hot water for showers and your tea kettle.
Nearby attractions and activities:
* Bird-watching is a popular pastime and within the nature reserve is a red-footed booby nesting colony and a flying fox camp. Lesser frigates circle lazily at soaring heights, swooping down on the red-footed boobys to steal dinner away from them.
You can spend a morning or afternoon hiking to the Dragon’s Head; one trail follows the ridge where at the highest point of the island - 400 feet- you will find the remains of an ancient ring fortification - relics of the migratory Lapita people who lived in the islands prior to the present-day Fijian peoples.
* Walk through virgin tropical forests and observe nesting red-footed boobys, resident fruitbats hanging in their ’camp’, watch the lesser frigates circling high above waiting for the boobys to come home with their dinner so they can attack and force the booby to drop the fish, catching it in midair!
* Make your way to the head of the ’dragon’ and observe one of the most spectacular views far out to sea.
* Join the staff in a fun game of beach volleyball.
* We also offer fishing - either handline or trolling.
* If you feel ’lazy’, crawl into one of the hammocks at the beach and take a snooze or read a book. We have a large paperback library of every type of novel you would like to read; from non-fiction to mystery, romance, action, and more.
DEPOSIT: Your reservation will be confirmed with a deposit of US$800 within 14 days of booking. Reservations can be made by your travel agent or directly with the island’s office by email, fax or phone. Full payment must be received 45 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. US$200 of the deposit is non-refundable.
* More than 60 days prior to booked arrival date, full refund or deposit can be credited toward a future stay within 2 years.
* 60 - 45 days prior to arrival date 50% of deposit will be deducted - balance credited as above.
* 44 - 15 days prior to arrival date incurs 50% of total, balance applied as above.
* Less than 15 days prior to arrival date incurs 100% cancellation fee.
* Refunds are not available on any unused portion of your visit, non-transferable.
* Payment of deposit acknowledges acceptance of all terms and conditions.
* We do not permit spearfishing.
THE FIVE NIGHT PACKAGE is US$1425.00 per person (F$2400 per person) and based on twin-share (two people sharing a bure) and includes all of the above. Additional nights (over 5) add US$235 (F$399 ) per person twin-share.
SINGLE OCCUPANT is US$1950 (F$3290) for the 5 night package. US$195 (F$350) surcharge for each transfer if others are not traveling same dates as a single. Each additional night's stay add US$340 (F$575) daily.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2005
M13418 Resort, Fiji is an environmentally friendly private island South Pacific getaway and offers scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing or honeymoon vacations with Fijian bure accommodation. The Resort is a secluded paradise with white sand beaches as well as hiking trails through tropical...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: