Thunder Bay Lodge is an Ontario fly in fishing lodge. Fishing for trout, pike and walleye with hunting for bear, moose and duck in Ontario, Canada with Sandy Beach Lodge. Our lodge has been a family owned & operated Fishing & Hunting Resort in Ontario, Canada for more than 30 years. Being one of the finest Fly-in American plan and housekeeping plan establishments in N.W. Ontario, we specialize in First class service to individual and corporate groups.
For your comfort, the cabins are furnished with oil heat, a bathroom with shower, good lighting, tables & chairs, comfortable beds, linens, towels & daily maid service. The cabins are cleaned daily & well maintained. Each cabin has a walkway interconnecting the entire camp & lodge. Sixteen & eighteen foot LUND boats with swivel bass seats, new motors and an experienced guide propel you to some of the best walleye, lake trout or northern pike fishing of your life. For your convenience, the camp store sells licenses & is stocked with a complete selection of the best lures to use when fishing our lake.
Our well kept, modern cottages accommodate from two to eight guests and provide comfort and relaxation. Each cottage is equipped with 24-hour electric service (110 V.A.C.), oil-heating and indoor plumbing. Newly built in 2002 and 2003 are several cabins setup for excellent housekeeping services.
Delicious and plentiful meals are served in our attractive main lodge which is also a popular meeting center where fishermen discuss the "ones that got away". Shore lunches are prepared by your guides and will be a highlight of your stay.
Our lodge is a great gathering place to relax & reflect back on the days fishing & compare stories with the other guest or play pool, play a game or cards, or even hold a business meeting. For those that want to work off that big evening meal, we have horseshoes & a one-hole golf course.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Fly in from Red Lake... try fishing where only artificial bait is necessary. Here in Trout Lake waters and the surrounding area, you will find some of the finest fishing in Northwestern Ontario. Trout Lake is quite diversified in its fishing, for in its waters you will catch large lake trout, northern pike, and walleyes. You can start the moment you leave the dock. Some of our trophy fish have been taken within a short distance of camp. Sandy Beach is a true fisherman's lodge... a place you will talk about for years. While you are here you will catch - and release - many fish, to grow even bigger and be caught again another day. Trout Lake is twenty-five miles in length, with over a hundred islands. The inlets and narrows among the islands provide excellent fishing, and protection in rough weather. Nearby are Otter Lake and Little Trout Lake, also with excellent fishing and they're easily reached by boat down the Trout River.
- Weight limit for Packages 1 & 2 is 60lbs per person.
- Weight limit for Hunting & Housekeeping Packages is 75lbs per person.
- Fishing packages require a $200.00 deposit each within 10 days of booking.
- Hunting packages require a $600.00 deposit each within 10 days of booking.
- Guides can be hired for $125.00 per day for 2 people in a boat.
- Deposits are non-refundable but are transferable within the same calendar year.
- All prices are in U.S. dollars.
- Rates DO NOT include licences, tips or taxes.
- Rates are subject to change.
- We accept personal checks, cash & travellers checks. Sorry, no credit cards.
- Fishermen without guides are responsible for damage to boats & motors, plus cost of repairs.
Deluxe American Plan:
Fishing Package 1:
- 3 nights/3 days fishing: $945.00
- 4 nights/4 days fishing: $1165.00
- 5 nights/5 days fishing: $1385.00
- 6 nights/6 days fishing: $1605.00
-7 nights/7 days fishing: $1825.00
- 2 people per boat
- Guide & gas
- All meals & accommodations
- Fish processing
- Daily maid service
- Ice in cabins
- Round trip floatplane flight from Red Lake
- Dip nets, minnow buckets, paddles, life jackets, freezer space, all linen & bedding, breakfast on arrival & on morning of departure.
Fishing Package 2:
- 3 nights/3 days fishing: $800.00
- 4 nights/4 days fishing: $970.00
- 5 nights/5 days fishing: $1140.00
- 6 nights/6 days fishing: $1310.00
- 7 nights/7 days fishing: $1480.00
Price Includes: Same as Fishing Package 1 except no guide, 5 gallons of gas to start & topped off up to 5 gallons each morning.
- Bear Hunt/Fish (5 nights/5 days hunting): $1825.00
- Moose Hunt/Fish (7 nights/ 7 days hunting): $3100.00
Price Includes: Same as Fishing Package 1, rates based on double occupancy, extra days available for $240.00 per day
- 3 nights/3 days fishing: $620.00
- 5 nights/5 days fishing: $800.00
- 7 nights/7 days fishing: $950.00
- Round trip floatplane flight from Red Lake
- 2 people in 16 ft Lund w/ 20hp Yamaha
- 5 gallons of gas to start & topped up to 5 gal each morning
- Dip nets, minnow buckets, paddles, life jackets, freezer space, private rustic cabin complete with kitchen, supplies, linen & bedding, maid service & ice, advice & maps provided to steer you to best fishing spots, some groceries can be ordered ahead to avoid problems with floatplane weight limits.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2005
Client Request Served: 10
The M13512 is an Ontario fly in fishing lodge. Fishing for Trout, Pike and Walleye with hunting for Bear, Moose and Duck in Ontario, Canada with M13512. Our Lodge has been a family owned & operated Fishing & Hunting Resort in Ontario, Canada for more than 30 years. Being one of the finest Fly-in American plan...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: