Located about 20 minutes by boat out of Kavieng, you are now on a small private island with coconut palms and a beautiful white sand beach. Lissenung Island Resort/Lissenung Diving was started early 1996 and it is the first address for divers visiting Kavieng. The set-up is simple but comfortable and we will make sure that you will have a most pleasant stay with us.You can easily circumnavigate the whole island in 10-15 minutes.
On the island are only 4 bungalows with a total of 7 rooms. The 4 bungalows are spread out over the island, giving the guests plenty of privacy. 3 of the 4 bungalows house 2 double or twin rooms. The last bungalow is a one-room bungalow. All buildings are built in the traditional style, most of them with thatched roofs and from bamboo woven walls. The local "building materials" are surprisingly strong and withstand even the strongest rainstorms.
All rooms are fitted with:
* A mosquito net over the bed
* A ceiling fan
* A large desk and a wardrobe
* All bungalows also have a big verandah with comfortable chairs to relax in after the diving.
* The beautiful breeze that reaches every corner of the island ensures that no air-conditioning is necessary.
* Rooms 5 & 6 have their own ensuite bathroom each, with toilet, basin and shower. For the other rooms, the share facilities are just a short stroll away.
* The fully licensed restaurant offers a wide range of local seafood and international meals.
* The big desk in front of the window is ideal for photographers, giving them plenty of natural light to work by and ensure that all camera gear is ready for the next dive. There are also a number of powerpoints in each room, so batteries can be re-charged at all times.
* The rooms are serviced daily and all linen and towels are provided.
Room rates include:
* Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
* Dives include boat trips, tanks, weights, dive guide and beverages/snacks on board.
* Divers staying on Lissenung Island get free shore diving during daytime (until 6pm).
* Divers have to pay an Environment & Safety Fee of USD 3.00 per person per dive day. This amount helps fund the recompression facility in Port Moresby as well as environmental programms throughout PNG. This is not an insurance and does neither cover evacuation nor chamber treatment.
* Prices are valid until 31 December 2006 and are subject to change without notice.
* Standard single, share facilities, incl. meals USD 80
* Standard double/twin, share facilities, incl. meals USD 70
* Double/Twin Ensuite, incl. meals USD 85
* For groups of 6 or more paying divers, we can offer 1 extra diver FOC (6+1) accommodation and diving. For the FOC diver, meals are charged at AUD50/USD35 per day .
* For groups of 10 or more paying divers, we can offer 2 extra divers FOC (10+2) accommodation and diving. For the FOC divers, meals are charged at AUD50/USD35 per person per day.
About This Supplier
||Location: Papua New Guinea
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2005
Dietmar Amon is the owner and director of M13637. He is one of the most experienced and best dive guides in PNG. What he can't find probably doesn't exist. He is a PADI Staff Instructor and learned to dive in the freezing cold lakes of Austria. In 1996, he had enough of the cold and immigrated to PNG. Dietmar...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: