Wolf Bay Lodge is the only fishing operation on Phelps Lake in northern Saskatchewan. The fishing on Phelps Lake is mainly for Northern Pike and Lake Trout. The Lake Trout average in the 5 to15 pounds, with many in the 20 to 40+ pounds, range. The Northern Pike are plentiful with many caught in the 48 to 50 inch range. All waters are managed regularly to ensure certain bays or areas are not being over pressured. Being the sole operation on the Phelps Lake, along with quality management, Wolf Bay Lodge will ensure top quality angling for many years to come.
Phelps Lake area hosts a wide diversity of wildlife and waterfowl. On its treeline border, many large mammals traverse the lands. Black bear, moose, caribou, and the trademark wolf are frequently seen. Each winter the Qamanirjuaq and Kimberly herds of barren land caribou merge and traverse the Phelps Lake area on their annual migration. The two herds combined are estimated at 400 to 600 thousand caribou. More elite species such as the polar bear and barrenland grizzly bear have also been known to pass through the area. Also residing in the area are countless species of small game such as martens, otters, red squirrels and wolverines. Each spring season Phelps Lake is inundated by flocks of waterfowl searching for their summer nesting sites. Loons, Canada geese, mergansers, bonaparte gulls, ospreys, bald & golden eagles are among some of the many species that inhabit the lake and surrounding area.
Wolf Bay Lodge is situated on the pristine shores of the remote Phelps Lake in northeastern Saskatchewan. It is the lone occupancy on the lake providing unparalleled peace and solitude. In addition to being Canada’s Hottest Northern Fishery, the sunrises, sunsets and Northern Lights are breath-taking. Each morning at Wolf Bay Lodge enjoy a hearty full-course home-cooked breakfast while you check the morning news and stocks on the camp’s satellite TV. Now gather your gear and join up with your experienced guide for an action filled day on Phelps Lake.
You will head out on Phelps Lake with 16 foot aluminum boats powered by environmentally friendly Yamaha 25hp four-stroke outboards. All boats are equipped with padded swivel seats, casting decks, depths sounders, and marine radios for communication with the base-camp or fellow fisherman. A long day of pure fishing is ahead.
At days end, tasty appetizers and a home-cooked, all you can eat, dinner will be served. Guests often spend the early evenings, relaxing outdoors and taking walks in the wild North of Canada. Opportunities are countless to see wildlife in their natural habitat. At days end, retire for the night to your thermostat controlled heated cabin. All cabins have private washrooms with pressurized hot showers and daily housekeeping. As the loons songs echo across the bay, drift away to sleep as you rest for the next big day.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Wolf Bay Lodge has exclusive day use of some of the surrounding lakes. Most of the bays and channels of these lakes are untouched and have never seen a boat let alone had a lure cast upon the water. This is a chance opportunity to explore uncharted waters and to cast a line upon virgin waters. The fish on Phelps Lake and the surrounding lakes are plentiful and vigorous, and are ready to strike at any oncoming lures.
A deposit of $800 US per person at time of booking is required to confirm date selection, with balance due 60 days prior to departure. Wolf Bay Lodge accepts Visa, money orders and checks. Cancellation refunds are available if made 90 days prior to departure from Saskatoon.
FULL SERVICE PACKAGE- $ 445 US per night
* Professional guided fishing on exclusive Phelps Lake in well maintained 16.5-foot boats with casting deck, padded seats, radio communication system, depth finder, and environmentally friendly 4-stroke motors.
* Exclusive access to day-use lakes of Edwards Lake, Bickerton Lake, Nisku Lake, and MacDonald Lake.
* Heated double occupancy cabins with private washroom, bedding, towels, and daily housekeeping.
* Home cooked meals including hearty breakfast, fresh fish shore lunch, supper served with appetizers, wine, fresh breads, bakings, & desserts.
* Managed camp with chlorinated filtered water system.
* Satellite television in main cabin.
* Access to satellite phone.
Notes: Double Occupancy Minimum. Plus Goods & Service Tax and Saskatchewan Fishing License. Singles add $125 per night
SELF SERVICE PACKAGE- $145 US per night
* Unlimited Power fishing on exclusive Phelps Lake and surrounding lakes.
* Well maintained 16.5-foot boats with 15 hp motor, equipped with casting deck, padded seats, and all gas.
* Heated cabin with hot showers, and real mattresses (two, four, or six bed cabin depending on group size).
* Fully equipped kitchen with refrigeration and BBQ.
* Managed camp with chlorinated filtered water system
* 1:50,000-scale map of Phelps Lake.
* Access to satellite phone.
Notes: Double Occupancy Minimum. Plus Goods & Service Tax and Saskatchewan Fishing License.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2005
Wolf Bay Lodge is the only fishing operation on Phelps Lake in northern Saskatchewan. The fishing on Phelps Lake is mainly for Northern Pike and Lake Trout. The Lake Trout average in the 5 to15 pounds, with many in the 20 to 40+ pounds, range. The Northern Pike are plentiful with many caught in the 48 to 50 inch range....
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: