Grasshopper Cottage is an ideal base for fly fishing for wild brown trout on Lough Corrib. For non-fishers relax, go walking, explore the countryside and discover the natural and built heritage.
Proprietors Roy and Sorcha Peirce have been welcoming visitors to their home for over 20 years and their knowledge and experience of angling in the region brings guests back year after year.
The house opens March 20 each year and closes on September 30. There are 4 guest rooms accommodating a maximum of 8-9 guests.
Warm Irish welcome, fantastic lake views, bedrooms en-suite, central heating, open fire, home cooking. Rod room with rod racks, drying room, tackle hire, flies for sale. Local knowledge of where to fish. Fly-tying desk for guests use. Library of periodicals, books. Walking/Flora guide books, maps.
Nearby attractions and activities:
* Walking - all grades of self-guided walks available
* Heritage & Culture - 5th century monastic ruins, Cong Abbey, Cillín (children's burial grounds), holy wells, traditional Irish music, working sheepdog demonstrations.
* Wildflowers - Discover flora unique to West of Ireland
* Golf - 18 hole courses at Ballinrobe. 9 hole course in Cong, also mini-golf.
* Horse Riding - Treks, lessons, trails at Ashford Equestrian Centre, Cong. Horse racing in Ballinrobe and Galway.
* Boat trips - Cruise on Lough Corrib and Killary Harbour. Take the ferry to Inisbofin and Aran Islands
* Cycling - Local bike hire and tours can be arranged.
* Outdoor pursuits on offer at Petersburg Outdoor Education Centre, Clonbur.
* Visit Connemara - Kylemore Abbey & Gardens, Connemara National Park, Glengowla Mine, Dan O'Hara's Centre, beaches, pubs and more
*Shopping - Clifden, Westport, Galway.
60 km north of Galway city. N84 Galway/Headford then R334 Headford/Cross and R345 Cross/Cong. From Cong continue to Corr na Móna (16km/10m).Signpost for Grasshopper Cottage in village.
Payment of deposit required to secure booking. Payment methods accepted:Visa, Mastercard, PayPal. Deposits paid for bookings in May are non-refundable on cancellation. Check-out by 11am; check-in after 4pm (unless special arrangement made). No smoking in bedrooms/dining area. Dogs allowed.
FISHING PACKAGE - 1-30 September: 3 nights B&B, 2 days boat & engine hire, 2 packed lunches = €150/person sharing
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Prices quoted are per person based on two sharing a double/twin bedded room. Single occupancy room rates on application.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: May 2005
Escape from the hustle of modern life, come to M13708 with rod and reel and enjoy the experience of fishing on Lough Corrib, the West of Ireland's largest wild brown trout fishery. Fly fishing is the speciality of the house. Roy and Sorcha have been welcoming anglers and non-anglers to their home on the shores of...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: