This secluded Georgian country house was built in 1710 as a hunting lodge for the Duke of Gordon. It stands in 6 acres of lovely gardens and woodlands and is owned and run by Edward & Ann Nicoll. The hotel has a relaxed and informal atmosphere like that of a private house. The house retains much of its historic charm, atmosphere & decorative detail with well proportioned rooms. An open fire burning in the hearth and 24 hr full central heating add to the warm welcome at M13838. Ann and Edward Nicoll have also won a high reputation and several awards for their hotel & restaurant. The hotel has its own kitchen garden and grows soft fruits, lettuce, herbs and vegetables in season.
11 bedrooms include 6 large suites each with their own separate lounge. Four Poster & Half tester, double & twin bedrooms all beautifully furnished. All 11 bedrooms have bathrooms with bath & shower and are tiled in marble. The coach house, which stands in the gardens, has been converted into two cottages, each with two bedrooms, lounge and a bathroom (bath & shower). The cottages are more simply furnished but offer a high standard of comfort, the cottages are fully serviced. Guests come to the hotel for meals or just to relax by the open fire in the lounge. Within the hotel grounds there is a small indoor heated swimming pool and sauna.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Urquhart Castle ruined castle located on the shores of Loch Ness at Drumnadrochit. Culloden Battlefield where “Bonnie Prince Charlie” led his army in the last battle fought on British soil.
- Fort George an outstanding example of Eighteenth Century military fortification it has an interesting Regimental Museum and is still used by the army.
- Clava Cairns bronze age standing stones.
- Cawdor Castle where Shakespeare set Macbeth, also has wonderful gardens.
- Brodie Castle famed for its extensive Daffodil collection
- Dunrobin Castle built in the style of a French Chateau, with classical gardens overlooking the sea.
- Inverewe Botanical Gardens with palm trees & exotic plants thriving in the warmth of the Gulf Stream.
- The natural beauty of the area with the Caledonian Canal, Glen Affric, Strath Glass and miles of beaches and forest attract many walkers. For the more adventurous there are the Munros & Corbetts to climb.
Situated on the A82 Fort William road, approximately 2 miles from Inverness town centre. Coming from Inverness we are on the left hand side of the road.
To reserve accommodation please allow us a deposit of £50.00 per room booked or, if more convenient, a credit card number from which we may deduct this amount. Please note our cancellation policy is full refund, less a £5.00 administration charge, if given one months notice.
If cancellation is less than one month we will do our best to re-let the accommodation at the same rate and if successful the deposit will be refunded in full, less a £5.00 administration charge.
As we are located slightly in the country it can be very difficult re-let accommodation if we receive a late cancellation.
- Check in from 2pm onwards
- Check out 12pm
Non-smoking lounge area, dining room and 4 non -smoking bedrooms available. Well behaved children welcome and pets by arrangement. Baby intercom available to use in rooms in hotel, also cots and high chairs.
Three day Christmas & New Year offer from £330.00 - £450.00 per person Dinner, bed & breakfast. Champagne reception and Gala dinner.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
|Check out these similar vacation offers: