This is where the Limpopo bends and winds to meet the sea there stands a light house. And nestled between the dunes and the trees an unspoiled paradise waits for you. This resort is based at the confluence of the Limpopo River and the Indian Ocean. The journey to the lodge takes you across the awesome Limpopo Valley, which is an experience in itself.
Explore untouched beaches, go fishing, quad bike trails through indigenous forests and towering sand dunes. Sundowner cruises and watching the prolific birdlife are just a few of the activities available. There are also facilities for privately owned boats. Fishing - fish the tidal estuary, the surf, the reefs, or the deep blue sea from customized ski boats.
The lodge accommodates a total of 62 guests in two bedroom family units (accommodating four) or pool chalets (accommodating two). All have en-suite bathrooms and sliding doors opening out onto extended wooden balconies where you can enjoy the magnificence of your surroundings. The decor is both elegant and befitting of the Mozambican culture, it echoes of Portuguese comfort and luxury.
For something different enjoy the seclusion of the private self-catering Dunes Camp, where 14 guests can be accommodated in 5 en-suite, rustic chalets surrounding a private fresh water swimming pool. A fully equipped kitchen. (Butler/cleaner available on request at additional charge).
Alternatively you can relax in the self-catering ’Big House’, which accommodates 4 to 6 people. With 2 en-suite rooms, a kitchenette with kitchen helper and a dining area and large veranda with breathtaking views. Enjoy lounging by the pool at the main lodge. Restaurant facilities at Zongoene Lodge include the Beach Bar, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and overlooking the river mouth and beach, as well as a ladies bar for after-dinner drinks or sundowners.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Fish the tidal estuary, the surf, the reefs, or the deep blue sea from our customized boats.
- Discover deserted beaches, massive sand dunes, coastal forest and African villages.
- Explore the dunes and forest.
- Spot many unusual birds in the delicate eco-systems.
- Enjoy leisurely breakfast or sunset River Cruises along the Limpopo
- Whale and Dolphin watching.
- In the area is the Monte Belo Lighthouse, which is situated within eyesight of the Lodge, about 4km. The Lighthouse is still operational, albeit with a modern light. The Lighthouse offers breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding area. The sunsets from the summit are spectacular.
760km from Johannesburg, at the Mouth of the Limpopo River, between Lake Bilene and Xai Xai.
Terms and Conditions:
- 50% deposit is required within 45 days of booking in order to confirm a booking. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Full payment due 14 days prior to arrival.
- Payment can be done either by credit card or a direct bank deposit. All credit cards are accepted.
- Kindly note that the Lodge is situated in a pristine but remote area of the country, Zongoen has 24hours elecricity.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
About This Supplier
||Location: South Africa
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
Client Request Served: 54
M13855 - Where the Limpopo bends and winds to meet the sea there stands a light house. And nestled between the dunes and the trees an unspoiled paradise waits for you. This resort is based at the confluence of the Limpopo River and the Indian Ocean. The journey to the lodge takes you across the awesome Limpopo Valley,...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: