M13938 is situated within the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park World Heritage Site, Zululand, KwaZulu Natal. Safaris include trips to the big 5 Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, Golden Beaches on the Indian Ocean, Boat & fishing safaris on Lake St Lucia, game drives viewing hippo & crocodile, Bird watching walks and Zulu Cultural tours to name but a few.
The Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park World Heritage Site is one of the few natural wonders left on earth where there are unspoilt wilderness beaches, vast wetlands and game reserves all combined into one reserve. We welcome you to our ’home from home’ lodge, where we provide comfort and friendship which we complement with a host of safaris to explore these incredible wonders!
- Private Personal Service;
- 5 Private Rooms;
- 1 Honeymoon Suite;
- 12 Bed Maximum Capacity;
- Private Bush Pool On Lakes Edge;
- Dstv In Main Lounge;
- Dining Room;
- Outdoor Dining Deck;
- Boma For Bush Dinners;
- Wine Cellar ’in Old Crab House’.
- 5 Standard Rooms;
- 1 Honeymoon Suite;
- Maximum Capacity 12 People;
- Insect Proof Screen Doors;
- Private Decks;
- Dressing Rooms;
- Separate Bathroom & Toilet;
- Outdoor Shower;
- Service Bar Fridges;
- Tea And Coffee Tray;
Nearby attractions and activities:
The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park World Heritage Site:
On 27 april 1897 Lake St Lucia was declared a game reserve. The conservation area was a 35000 hectare lake with a 1km strip of land surrounding the lake. At a later stage other conservation areas were added. On 1 December 1999 UNESCO declared the lake and adjacent coastal areas a World Heritage Site. The 328 000 hectare reserve was South Africa’s first world heritage site and encompasses 5 five major ecological zones. M13938 remains the only privately owned lodge situated within this world heritage site.
The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park encompasses 5 major ecological zones:
Marine Ecosystem - Warm sea, coral reefs teaming with fish, whales and dolphins.
Eastern Shores Ecosystem - Golden beaches flanked by some of the highest vegetated sand dunes in the world, grassy plains and a variety of wetlands. Lake St. Lucia - Africa’s largest natural estuary, populated by hippopotamus, crocodile and water birds. Mkuze Swamps - A reed and papyrus wetland. Western Shores - Dry savannah and thornveld with rich deposits of fossils.
- Deposits of 20% will secure your reservation.
- Full deposits are required one month prior to arrival for confirmation of bookings.
- Deposits may be requested in advance should there be waitlisted bookings.
- Credit Card payments are accepted. – VISA/MASTERCARD Or payment by Direct transfers.
- 50% Cancellation Fees will be charged if bookings are cancelled within a month of the arrival date.
- 100% Cancellation Fees will be charged for bookings cancelled within two weeks of the arrival date.
- In the event of premature departure the full extent of stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged.
- December bookings require a deposit 2 months prior to arrival.
- Early check outs are not refundable.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
About This Supplier
||Location: South Africa
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
M13938 is situated within the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park World Heritage Site, Zululand, KwaZulu Natal. Safaris include trips to the big 5 Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, Golden Beaches on the Indian Ocean, Boat & fishing safaris on Lake St Lucia, game drives viewing hippo & crocodile, Bird watching walks and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: