The Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, newly moved to its spectacular new home at the Doral Golf Resort in Miami, is the longest running, most successful health resort. What sets Pritikin apart is its science-based results. More than 115 studies in leading journals like the New England Journal of Medicine have demonstrated the program’s unparalleled success in helping thousands worldwide lower their cholesterol and blood pressure, control and even reverse diabetes, shed excess pounds, and live happier, more balanced lives.
Most people come to Pritikin for one week, two weeks, or more to prevent disease, particularly baby-boomers who saw their parents struggle with heart attacks, strokes, and other ills, and are asking: “Can I age better? Can I stay vibrant and healthy for years to come?” Pritikin provides the results they desire, and in a beautiful vacation resort. Pritikin’s new enclave at the Doral is breathtaking. You’ll awake each day to 650 acres of lush tropical gardens, fountains, shimmering pools, and other gorgeous amenities. And you’ll feel the best you’ve felt in years. That’s what the Pritikin experience is all about.
Business Week described Pritikin as “where the A-list goes to lose weight and get healthy.” Oprah.com stated: "The Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa has long been considered the gold standard in health and wellness support."
Pritikin’s main structure is a four-story Italianate gem featuring a glass-roofed atrium entrance, Carrera marble, Keystone Coral walls, and other stunning touches. It is surrounded by five championship golf courses, including the infamous Blue Monster, host of the PGA Tour for over 45 years; tennis courts; lap pools and spa/relaxation pools throughout the resort; and recreation areas and programs for children. Pritikin is minutes from many South Florida attractions, such as Miami’s beaches, South Beach, the Everglades, the Florida Keys, and Bal Harbour and Merrick Park shopping, as well as Miami International Airport
The resort provides accommodations for varying budgets. Some guests choose standard, newly renovated rooms in one of Pritikin’s two lodges, located a short walk from the Pritikin Program facilities. Others select the more expensive and luxurious spa suites. The suites sell out quickly, so please try to book in advance.
7-Day, 7-Night Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa Program:
Sunday begins with state-of-the-art blood panels and a 1-hour consultation with a board-certified physician that involves a complete history and physical, and analysis of health and weight-loss goals. Next, under the supervision of doctors and exercise physiologists, guests take a treadmill stress test to determine their fitness levels and personal exercise prescriptions. They also review elective exercise interests they can enjoy at Pritikin, such as golf and tennis.
Monday through Friday, a typical day at Pritikin includes:
* Six Nutritious, Gourmet Meals and Snacks Daily – Unlimited Servings. The Pritikin Eating Plan is rich in whole, nutrient-dense, naturally-low-in-sodium foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meat like poultry, seafood, and bison.
* Customized Fitness Classes, including: Personalized Strength Training, Cardio/Fat Burning Workouts, Yoga, Aquatics, Spinning, Shaping and Toning the Abs and Butt, Cardio Boxing, Latin Dancing, and Pilates.
* Education Classes and Small-Group Workshops. Topics Include: Healthy Restaurant Dining, Simple Strategies For Pritikin Cooking at Home, Smart Supermarket Shopping, Overcoming Compulsive Overeating, Managing Stress, Reversing Diabetes, Revitalizing Your Heart, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Sexuality and Intimacy, and Mastering Lifelong Healthy Habits.
* Our Faculty: From the moment you arrive at Pritikin, you’re in great hands. Our 10 board-certified physicians, Ph.D-degreed nutritionists, exercise experts, and psychologists are among the top healthy-lifestyle educators in the world. You come to Pritikin wanting to live a healthier life; you leave not only living it but loving it.
* Spa Luxuries, including 100+ treatments in 32 new world-class treatment rooms, as well as a lavish array of aquatherapy amenities like aromatherapy-infused steam rooms, experiential showers, and hot and cold massaging hydrofalls. Other signature treatments include Thai massage and healing whole-body Reika massage, a full-service salon, and stunning new developments in facial and skin rejuvenation.
Note: All-inclusive fees start at about $4,500 per week.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
M13962 Program, simple yet stunningly remarkable in its benefits, focuses on daily exercise and an eating plan based on natural, whole foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood rich in omega 3s, and limited lean meat. At the M13962, guests enjoy six heart-healthy, gourmet meals and snacks daily, such as...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: