Nestled between the pristine, wave-sung sunset beach of Canggu, the whispering rice fields, the quaint fishermen village, and the adjacent Batu Bolong Temple, one of Bali's most sacred, M14014 is said to be an experience too surreally beautiful to be true. As is the case with the creation of the other M14014 properties, M14014 was built upon a passion for the romantic beauty of the art, history and culture of the islands of Java and Bali. A vast collection of priceless Indonesian antiques and artworks adorned the many faces of the hotel, blending pure tropical luxury with an out-of-the-ordinary ambience.
The staff takes care of guests with the exceptional beauty, grace and thoroughness for which Asian hospitality is known. In the gourmet side, M14014 presents the rare opportunity to savor superb ancient dining experiences, some of which have vanished from the island's nowadays life. M14014 is one of the references in culinary art in the island, catering to the President of Indonesia even beyond Bali.
The spas at M14014 blend the one thousand and one exotic spices, roots, herbs and flowers of the islands, creating oils and elixirs based on ancient traditions dated back to historic Indonesia. M14014 spas practice treatments that range from pure indulgence to peace of the soul. From treatment that is based on the traditional Balinese dances to hot stone treatment using spice-soaked volcanic stones, a M14014 spa experience is a compulsory beginning to a stay in the Island of the Gods.
* Puri Le Mayeur - The red Puri Le Mayeur, floating above its own 800m2 natural lotus pond, is dedicated to the passionate love story between a Belgian painter, Adrien-Jean Le Mayeur de Merprès, who made Bali his home in 1932 and the beautiful model of his paintings, the famous Legong dancer Ni Polok. The Puri Le Mayeur occupies an area of 250m2; it has a private plunge pool, a private outdoor lotus pond dining pavilion, a separate living room, an outdoor bath, and a verandah to witness the sun setting behind the breaking waves.
* Walter Spies Pavilion - In contrast with the passionate Puri Le Mayeur, the artful Walter Spies Pavilion is romantically subtle, characterized by the art deco era of Central Java. This suite is dedicated to the German artist Walter Spies who brought an important art era into Indonesia, and made Java and Bali his home in the 1920s. Other than original memorabilia of the artist, the Walter Spies Pavilion has a private plunge pool, a private outdoor dining pavilion, a private garden and a beautiful outdoor bath.
* Kampoeng Suite - Beautiful 2-connecting bedroom suite portraying the style of the art deco era of Java in the earlier 20 th century, occupying the up per floor of one whole villa. 150 m2 in size – one main bedroom with a wood carved four-poster king – sized bed and one bedroom with two twin-sized bedrooms.
* The Rejang Suites, with ocean-view and private spa area.
* The Dedari Suites, with private plunge pools and semi-outdoor baths.
Plunge pool & semi-outdoor bath in all ground floor suites
Private massage area, sunken bath & ocean view in upper floor suites
Satellite TV, stereo CD & DVD system
Valet and laundry service
24 hour in-room dining
Complimentary traditional sunset high tea with freshly baked traditional delicacies
Library, snooker & games
Southeast Asian art & antique gallery
Waroeng Djamoe traditional Indonesian all-natural apothecary Antique bendi horse-drawn cart
Arranged tours of the island
Complimentary airport transfer
Complimentary drop off to Kuta and Seminyak
Welcome foot and shoulder massage
Nearby attractions and activities:
Dancing & Gamelan Class - Ancient, traditional Balinese dances are known to be one of the most beautiful in Indonesia, and sadly may well be on its way to extinction as younger generations show little interest in the rich, exotic heritage of the island. Balinese dances are accompanied by gamelan music, which consists of various different instruments that make one whole orchestra.
Cooking Class - The cooking class in Waroeng Tugu is a unique lifestyle experience that speaks of hundreds years old of traditions, of the beautiful humbleness and the exotic richness of Indonesian dining and cooking culture, all at the same time. The classes are held by Iboe Soelastri, our Indonesian chef who has begun to learn cooking from her grandmother when she was just 4 years old. The class is begun with a visit to Balinese traditional market where you will submerge into the daily Balinese way of living. Pick the recipes you favor most and finish with a Waroeng dinner experience, eating with bare hands surrounded by oil lamps, stone grinders, and traditional steamers on wood-fire terra-cotta stoves in the open kitchen.
Bike And Bendi Tours - It is said that Canggu Beach has one of the most beautiful sunsets in the island. Tour the Canggu village area and the surrounding breezy Balinese paddy fields on an antique horse-drawn bendi cart, or at your own pace on bikes.
A Stroll To The Morning Fish Market - Very early in the morning, at Canggu Beach , visit the fishermen while selling their fresh catches to the villagers. If you wish to buy any of the fresh catches, our chef will be happy to cook them to your liking.
30 minutes from Bali airport, on Canggu Beach, between Tanah Lot and Seminyak
USD 1,860 net including 21% taxes and service charge:
* 5 nights in the Rejang/Dedari Suite
* Welcome foot and shoulder massage
* Return airport transfer and VIP welcome at airport
* One bottle of Champagne
* Daily breakfast of your choice wherever your heart feels (bed, pool, lotus pond, garden)
* One torch-lit, candlelit, tête-à-tête beach dinner with fresh seafood BBQ for two under the stars
* One traditional dining experience at Waroeng Tugu, the open, traditional kitchen from the hundreds-years-old Majapahit Kingdom period
* Our signature Keraton treatment for two (an ancient Royal Javanese palatial treatment for princes and princesses, that consists of various indulging massages, scrubs and floral therapies (2.5 hours)
* 2 "Tugu" bathrobes as souvenir.
* Daily sunset high-tea with local delicacies.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2005
Client Request Served: 20
Nestled between a pristine sunset beach, whispering rice fields, and one of Bali’s most sacred temples, M14014 is said to be too surreally beautiful to be true. M14014 was built upon the romantic art, history and culture of Bali. A vast collection of priceless Indonesian artworks adorned the hotel, blending pure...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: