Marten River Lodge is located 30 minutes north of the International airport at North Bay on the edge of the Temagami old growth forest. The lodge is surrounded by Crown land with miles of old logging roads and acres of marshes to hunt in. Our moose population is on the increase and many of our fishermen have reported sightings this season. The first two weeks of September are reserved for the fall bear hunt at Marten River Lodge. We have chosen these weeks because they are just before the opening of grouse season and therefore before all the commotion in the bush. Back Lake Fishing is available for those wishing to get to the remote lakes - This service is available for guests hiring a guide and is included in Deluxe Packages.
First class meals, accommodations and equipment (16’ bass style boats, swivel seats, fish finders, live wells, with 25 hp electric start motors), licensed bar for guests only, a family style recreation room with billiards, darts and satellite TV.
Our cabins are completely equipped with linens, towels, microwaves, stove, refrigerator, washrooms, and propane heat. Every convenience for a comfortable hunt. We have 9 cabins varying from 1 bedroom to 4 bedrooms in size to accommodate a variety of groups.
Nearby attractions and activities:
* Visit Science North in Sudbury (an hour and a half west of our lodge)
* The Temagami Fire Tower (1/2 hour north)
* The Marten River Logging Museum
* An evening cruise on the Chief Commanda (North Bay 1/2 hour south)
Marten River is 214 miles north of Toronto Ontario about 6 hours driving time from Buffalo NY
* Rates are in Cdn dollars.
* A 20% deposit is required (refundable 60 days prior to reservation date, less $10 service charge).
* Please be prepared to settle account on arrival with American Express, VISA MasterCard, traveler’s cheques or cash (please no personal cheques).
* Check in time 2 P.M.
* Check out time 10 A.M.
* Pets welcome.
DELUXE FISHING PACKAGE
Based on Double Occupancy
Includes accommodations, dinner on arrival, 3 meals daily, breakfast on departure, maid service, boat motor and gas and bait plus a Guide for a 1 day Back Lake Trip.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
|Check out these similar vacation offers: