Ravencroft Lodge fronts on Port Fidalgo Inlet, one of the many remote and protected waterways in Prince William Sound. The area is surrounded by high rugged mountain peaks. Wildlife abounds here. Humpback whales, Gray whales, Orcas, Black Bears, Grizzly (Brown) Bears, porpoises, otters and a wide array of other flora and fauna live in the area.
The fishing here is fabulous. Fishin for ’feeder’ King Salmon is available in April and May. In late May /early June, Pink Salmon arrive by the millions, schooling in the bays in preparation for running up the coastal streams to spawn. The Pink Salmon fishing is good through mid July. In early July, the Silver Salmon (Coho’s) arrive and cruise the beaches and bays in large schools, waiting for the Pinks to clear out, so they can go upstream to spawn. Silver Salmon fishing runs through mid-September. From the Lodge, we fish for the salmon in the saltwater. They are still ocean- fresh and full of energy, having just arrived out of the Pacific Ocean and not having spawned yet. They are bright, powerful and tackle-busting. We recommend fly-fishing for Coho’s in the surf. You will never forget it.
In addition to the salmon fishing, we have great Halibut fishing close around the area of the lodge. There is also a large variety of other species to fish for, and they are sometimes hard to keep off your hook while Halibut fishing. Stalking the big Salmon Sharks which follow the salmon migrations up our inlet is a new and exciting aspect of fishing at Ravencroft.
The main Lodge building is a large facility located right on the beach, with spacious porches overlooking the inlet and surrounding mountains. This is the center of activity at Ravencroft, and all meals are served here in the lodge dinning room. The lounge/meeting room is a relaxing place for guests to hang out and discuss the days exciting events before turning in.
The ’Bunkhouse’ building is nestled into a nook in the coastal rainforest, a few yards back from the beach. Rooms consist of one large ’community’ bunkhouse-type room and four standard double rooms. This building has indoor plumbing with 2 hot showers and 2 bathrooms.
The larger community room will accommodate up to 10 guests. It has 5 double bunk bed berths, a heating stove with a clothes drying area. The four individual rooms accommodate 1 to 2 guests each. Each room has a double bunk bed, a fridge and a counter with a sink. Each room also has its own heating stove and clothes drying area. Bathrooms and showers, two of each, are located at one end of the Bunkhouse building, and are accessed off the surround-porch which extends all the way around the building.
The lodge also has other amenities which are available for all guests. We have a dock right out front for easy access to and from boats and kayaks. We have a fish cleaning station at the dock. We also have an outdoor activities area located between the Main Lodge Building and the beach, which offers a large fire-pit, barbeque grill and benches for evening-time, camaraderie and relaxation.
Nearby attractions and activities:
The area of Prince William Sound where the Lodge sits sandwiched between the inlet and the rainforest has literally hundreds and hundreds of miles of deserted bays, lagoons, sheltered beaches and shorelines. It is an undiscovered kayakers paradise. From the Lodge, one may go for a few hours trip or multiple days into these seldom-visited coastal mountain inlets.
Eastern Prince William Sound, half-way between Valdez and Cordova, AK.
* 50% deposit at time of reservation and final payment 30 days prior to arrival.
* Cancellation policy: for cancellations more then 90 days prior to the reservation date a 50% refund is available. For cancellations less then 90 days from the reservation date, no refund will be available unless the space can be rebooked.
* Liability Disclaimer: All lodge guests will be required to sign a liability disclaimer.
* Families with children welcomed.
* Lodge packages are based on 7 days and 7 nights at the lodge, however, we can accommodate shorter and longer stays upon request.
* No Pets.
RAVENCROFT LODGE’S GUIDED FISHING PACKAGES- $2,100.00 pp - are designed for the person who wishes to come and relax and leave everything to us. A knowledgeable guide, for every one to four fishermen, will pilot your fishing skiff each day, taking care of the boat, tackle and bait/lures, as well as clean, package and freeze your catch at the end of each day. Fishing will be for Salmon, Dolly Varden Trout, Rockfish and Cod. Due to pending changes in Federal and state laws, Ravencroft may not be able to offer fully-guided Halibut fishing in 2006. These changes will not affect Self-Guided fishing for Halibut from the lodge. Our newest and most exciting package is Salmon Shark fishing, from our 36-foot motor cruiser.
Your GUIDED KAYAKING ADVENTURE PACKAGE- $1,600.00 pp- will begin at the beach in front of the lodge each morning, and end back there each evening. Your guide will begin with a basic instructional course on the first morning, and each day will be a trip into one of the surrounding sheltered bays. Some day’s outings will begin directly from the beach at the lodge, while others will start out with a trip by ’mother-ship’ to one of the more outlying areas to be explored. The group will return to the lodge each evening in time for dinner.
* Comfortable, heated bedrooms - including bedding and towels.
* Bathrooms & hot showers - accessed from the covered porch which surrounds the sleeping quarters building.
* Meals - Three meals per day. Breakfast and dinner served in the lodge dining room, with a sack lunch on the boat or on the beach.
* Fishing skiffs and/or kayaks - equipped with all Coast-Guard required safety equipment.
* Fishing rods/reels - spinning rods for Salmon & Trout, deep-water rods for the saltwater bottom-fish, as well as heavy-duty gear for Salmon Sharks.
* One heavy-duty fish-box, which holds 50+ pounds of cleaned, frozen fish (additional boxes, if requested, are for sale at the lodge)
* Your guide will take care of the boats and equipment, including fuel, lures, bait and other items as needed.
* Lodge staff will clean, package and freeze your catch daily.
PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE:
* Water-taxi or float-plane transportation costs (can be reserved along with your lodge package)
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2005
Client Request Served: 10
M13676 fronts on Port Fidalgo Inlet, one of the many remote and protected waterways in Prince William Sound. The area is surrounded by high rugged mountain peaks. Wildlife abounds here. Humpback whales, Gray whales, Orcas, Black Bears, Grizzly (Brown) Bears, porpoises, otters and a wide array of other flora and fauna...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: