Explore one of the premier botanical gardens in the American tropics, which boast an impressive collection of tropical plants from around the world. Over 1000 genera in more than 200 plant families’ makeup the unique collection that forms part of the Las Cruces Biological Station.
Aroids, bromeliads, ferns, gingers, heliconias, marantas, and palms are all well represented on the 12-hectare (30 acre) site. Collectively, the Garden and adjacent forest (266 ha total; 657 acres) also have an impressive diversity of native plants (~ 2000 species). Animals include over 400 species of birds, more than 800 species of butterflies, an abundance of mammals (some 40 species of bats), and a high diversity of reptiles and amphibians.
- We offer cabins with private bath, twin beds, fans and balcony with view to the gardens.
- We offer set meals in a buffet style service. Vegetarian food is a daily option. Box lunches are also offered.
- Gift Shop, Library, Laundry.
- Half Day and Full Day Guided walks
- Early Birding Tour
- Night Tour
- Rainforest Photography Workshop
- Workshop Birding
- Educational trips.
Location: San Vito de Cotobrus,Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
Distance from San José: 287km (4.5 hr).
Direct deposits in USA:
- Please make checks payable to Organization for Tropical Studies
- To the following address: OTS North American Headquarters
P.O. Box 90630, Durham North Carolina, 27708-0630, USA
- Major credit cards are accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express.
- Cancellation Policy for Individuals: Overnight Natural History Visitors and Day.
- Visitors: for full refund, cancellation must be made within 48 hours prior to arrival date, 50% refund if cancellation is made 24hrs prior to arrival date. No refund is made if less than 24hrs. Refunds will be made by the same means that the payment was done.
- Our dinning facilities serve meals according to a schedule and to the number of people expected to attend to each service. Please provide us with your arrival time so that we can serve you better:
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., Lunch: 12:00 a.m.to 1:00 p.m., Dinner: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The use of sandals or walking barefooted is not permitted on the trails for safety reasons. Entrance might be prohibited by the administration of the station if this rule is not follow.
- Manipulating species (fl ora and fauna) is not allowed in our biological stations for both conservation and safety reasons.
- Children must come accompanied by a responsible adult that must supervise them at all times.
Things to take: Prescription medicines as needed, good walking shoes, hot weather clothes, insect repellent, umbrella or rain jacket, flashlight, binoculars, sun screen, film and camera extra batteries, plastic bags to keep film/paper dry.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- 3 meals
- One half day guided walk.
About This Supplier
||Location: Costa Rica
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2002
M11487 is a non-profit consortium that has grown to include 63 universities and research institutions from the United States, Latin America and Australia. In the early 1960's, scientists from U.S. universities forged working relationships with colleagues at the Universidad de Costa Rica in the interest of...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: