Palo Verde Biological Station is located within the Palo Verde National Park on the Pacific slopes of Guanacaste Province in north-western Costa Rica. Explore through trails of natural beauty in this tropical dry forest, one of the most important sanctuaries in the Americas for migrating and resident species of waterfowl.
Watch for Black vultures, turkey vultures, peregrine falcons, roadside hawks and Cliffs swallows can also be seen and heard, with the occasional appearance of a white-faced capuchin monkey. At the top of the hill La Roca, you’ll have a fantastic view of the Palo Verde marsh, and the Tempisque River.
- Half Day and Full Day Guided walks
- Early Birding Tour
- Night Tour
- Rainforest Photography Workshop
- Workshop Birding
- Boat tours
- Mountain Bike
- Customized trips
- Educational trips.
- We offer rustic cabins with private bath, bunk beds, and fan.
- We offer set meals in a buffet style service. Vegetarian food is a daily option. Box lunches are also offered.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Lomas de Barbudal
- River boat tours
- Rincon de la Vieja Volcano
- Guanacste beaches.
Location: Parque Nacional Palo Verde, Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
Distance from San José: 230km (4:00 hr).
Direct deposits in USA:
- Please make checks payable to Organization for Tropical Studies to the following address:
OTS North American Headquarters
P.O. Box 90630,
Durham North Carolina, 27708-0630, USA
- Major credit cards are accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express.
- Cancellation Policy for Individuals: Overnight Natural History Visitors and Day
- Visitors: for full refund, cancellation must be made within 48 hours prior to arrival date, 50% refund if cancellation is made 24hrs prior to arrival date. No refund is made if less than 24hrs. Refunds will be made by the same means that the payment was done.
- Our dinning facilities serve meals according to a schedule and to the number of people expected to attend to each service. Please provide us with your arrival time so that we can serve you better:
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., Lunch: 12:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Dinner: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The use of sandals or walking barefooted is not permitted on the trails for safety reasons. Entrance might be prohibited by the administration of the station if this rule is not follow.
- Manipulating species (fl ora and fauna) is notallowed in our biological stations for both conservation and safety reasons.
- Children must come accompanied by a responsible adult that must supervise them at all times.
- Things to take: Prescription medicines as needed, good walking shoes, hot weather clothes, insect repellent, umbrella or rain jacket, flashlight, binoculars, sun screen, film and camera extra batteries, plastic bags to keep film/paper dry.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- 3 meals
- One half day guided walk.
||Location: Costa Rica
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2002
Client Request Served: 134
M11487 is a non-profit consortium that has grown to include 63 universities and research institutions from the United States, Latin America and Australia. In the early 1960's, scientists from U.S. universities forged working relationships with colleagues at the Universidad de Costa Rica in the interest of...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: