We offer our guests a luxurious base for the "Island Experience". Each of our two guests rooms are centrally heated, have private entrances, and really everything you would expect from a 4 star plus Qualmark rating. The shared guest lounge enjoys views out over our garden, the village and the harbor beyond and is just 4 or 5 minutes stroll from the village center. Hosts Iris and Peter are long term residents, between them over 7 years of Island life.
Peter was one time Forest Ranger in Charge of Stewart Island and later a commercial fisherman. Iris was relieving District Nurse for 15 years and a Foundation Trustee of Ulva Island Open Sanctuary. For the last 10 years we have operated our own live aboard Charter yacht. We also are professional Eco-Guides and our guided Ulva Island Discovery walks are packaged with accommodation at our lodge.
Both rooms are fully centrally heated, with en suite bathrooms, each with heated floors. Each room has King/king single beds with fine linen and electric blankets. Each has tea and coffee facilities, DVD player, telephone with free local calling and hair dryer. Email access is free and there is a free guest laundry and drying facilities. The guests sun room has an extensive library of local interest books and DVD's. Transfers on arrival and departure are complimentary.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Guided Walks,
- Sea Fishing,
- Natural History Museum,
- Diving and snorkeling,
- Bird watching,
- Boat trips,
- Scenic tours,
- Forest walks,
30 miles south of Invercargill.
- Longer than 30 days of arrival date - 10% forfeit of total tariff.
- Longer than 8 to 30 days of arrival date - 33% forfeit of total tariff.
- Within 7 days of arrival date - 100% forfeit of total tariff.
* Cancellation due to local ferry or plane cancellation, full refund, less any card charges.
* Any canceled booking we are subsequently able to fill will be refunded in full less 10%.
* If a guest cancels a booked activity - No refund
* If we cancel a booked activity - Full refund
* While we will make every effort otherwise, from time to time we may reserve the right to reallocate rooms.
* Minimum stay 2 nights. 1 night tariff to confirm booking.
* No smoking.
* We have no child facilities and parents accompanied with children will require both rooms.
Our lodge is packaged with a "Sails" Guided Ulva Island walk, duration about 4 hours, guided by hosts Peter and Iris. We can also offer guests a "Sails" Island life discovery scenic road tour. In addition and if required we can arrange transport by plane or sea to Stewart Island on on a case by case basis.
Our lodge is a two night minimum stay and two night tariff including Ulva Island walk is $1040, each additional night is $405.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- Two nights $1040,
- Each additional night $405.
||Location: New Zealand
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2008
Client Request Served: 2
M18415 is an accommodation provider and eco-guiding operation providing a guests with a complete "Stewart Island Experience" Hosts Iris & Peter have between them over 70 years combined Stewart Island Experience. Peter was one time Forest Ranger in Charge of Stewart Island and as well has almost 40 years...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: