The luxury castle hotel is a place for nature lovers, gourmands, romantics, hunters, golfers, horse lovers - but above all for connoisseurs with taste who appreciates the good things of life. Furthermore it is the ideal place for Top Management Conferences as well as exclusive incentives. The Relais and Châteaux Hertelendy Kastely offers 20 rooms, a gourmet restaurant, a St. Barth-Wellness-Centre, a private air field, an excellent equipped conference area and a wide range of leisure activities such as horse riding, hunting, olympic skeet shooting, sightseeing flights, tennis, hiking, cycling, croquet, golf, hot air ballon trip…
The castle Hertelendy has turned out to be an exclusive homage to the golden days of the Hungarian aristocracy. It was built in 1920 by Andor Hertelendy. Nowadays it is owned by a Swiss investor and combines cosy atmosphere with exquisite elegance. It is situated in South-West-Hungary, in an idyllic expanse of Somogy County, south of Lake Balaton, surrounded by 350 hectors of land in the heart of Europe’s best hunting grounds. The nearest international airports are Vienna (VIE), Budapest (BUD) and Graz (GRZ). Transfer by car, Rollos Royce, private airplane and helicopter can be arranged by the hotel.
Distances: Budapest approx. 220 km, Vienna approx. 250 km, Graz approx. 230 km, Pecs (European Capital of Culture 2010) approx. 90 km.
Unique is the private runway directly behind the castle (transfer with private air plane can be arranged from many cities in Europe, e.g. Vienna and Budapest and the thermal spring which supplies 55°C hot water that comes from 1000 meters below the castle.
- There are 2 buildings: The castle with 14 exclusive rooms and suites and the Hunter’s Lodge with 6 elegant apartments.
- In the castle: 6 superior double rooms, 4 junior suites, 2 junior suites deluxe, 1 Honeymoon suite, 1 Hertelendy suite.
- Hunter’s Lodge: 4 apartments and 2 apartments deluxe.
Comfortable and elegant rooms, overlooking the virgin landscape and/or the castle garden, decorated in a classical style with dark parquet flooring. All rooms in the hotel are equipped with king size or twin beds with bed linen from the exclusive Suisse manufacturer Schwob, direct dial phone line, free hi-speed internet access, Flat screen TV sets (some with electronically extendable monitor), DVD/CD player, desk, air conditioning, minibar, safe and marble bathroom. Most of the rooms feature also a tiled stove. The luxurious marble bathroom includes a shower or shower and bathtub, hairdryer, bathrobe, slippers and bath accessories from Ligne St. Barth.
The suites are more spacious and have all of a king-size bed, bathtub and a pleasurable salon corner. The junior suites deluxe offer furthermore a spacious living and working place with direct fax line and a walk-in closet. The highlight of the honeymoon suite is the heart shaped bathtub. The Hertelendy suite offers a separate living room, 2 flatscreen TV sets as well as a direct fax line.
Hunter’s Lodge apartments: Only a few steps from the castle building, close to the horse stable, ideal for families, horse owners and hunters. Dogs are welcome here. Apartments with fully equipped kitchen, bedroom with twin beds, bathroom with shower and private patio garden. Kitchen and bathroom tiled, bedroom with light parquet flooring. The apartments deluxe have a separate living room and a bathroom with bathtub or shower.
- Restaurant “Albizzia” with creative gourmet cuisine at the highest level and wonderful terrace.
- Own bio garden, a lot of home-made products such as bread, marmelade, sausage
- German Head Chef (Richard Nussel) with international experience in Michelin star restaurants
- Breakfast: Buffet and a la carte.
- Lunch: A la carte and chef’s recommendation.
- Afternoon: Tea time with home-made cakes.
- Dinner: Daily changing 5 course menu (chef’s recommendation) and a la carte
- Thermal spring supplies 55°C hot water that comes from 1000 meters below the castle
- The only hotel in Hungary with Ligne St. Barth products
- Indoor: Finnish sauna, Steam bath, warming cabin, whirl pool, relaxing area, 3 treatment rooms for massages and beauty treatments and hair dresser (on request)
- Outdoor: Thermal pool (32 °C), Kelo sauna from Lapland, cold/hot water pool, in summer massage tent in the garden
- Wellness for children (massages for children from 4-12 y.)
Fitness corner: The use of the wellness facilities is free of charge for hotel guests (treatments with extra charge)
- Horse riding excursions/riding lessons/coach trips/snow sleigh/Skijöring in winter time
- Röwer and Rüb stables, 14 horses, among them the famous and good-natured Freiberger horses, accommodation of the own horses possible
- Hunting trip: The castle is situated is one of the best hunting grounds of Europe (Lábod and Kaszó), game includes deer, roe, wild boar, fox, pheasant and snipe. Expert guidance is provided on request.
- Golf: Putting Green/Driving Range on the hotel terrain, next golf course is only a 30 minutes drive away (18 hole championship European Lakes Golf and Country Club)
- Hiking and cycling (cycles are available free of charge), cycling excursions with picnic on request
- Tennis/Basketball (tennis court with all-weather US Open surface), croquet field, Olympic skeet shooting, target practice with small gun, hot air balloon
- Private grass landing field (800 m x 30 m) and helicopter landing pad
- Excursion to Pecs (European Capital of Culture 2010), Lake Balaton etc.
- Some leisure activities with extra charge
- Leisure activities organized and (on request) accompanied by our Guest Relation Manager
- Children of all ages are welcome
- Babysitter on request (with extra charge)
Congresses, Meetings, Incentives and Events:
- The perfect place for strategic conferences and Top Management events in a luxurious and discrete surrounding. Security is guaranteed. Furthermore ideal for eventful incentives, team building activities, workshops for small groups and private celebrations.
- Daylight conference room for up to 60 persons with the most up-to-date technology
- Roof terrace (e.g. for cocktails)
- Exclusive party tent for up to 200 persons in the garden
(e.g. for weddings).
Nearby attractions and activities:
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend