Welcome to M11928! As the premiere remote fly-in lodge and conference centre in the Northwest Territories, M11928 is dedicated to service. Guests and Conference groups take advantage of privacy and solitude to get their work done, yet have a full service facility that provides for leisure needs.
Guests from around the world take in the splendour of the great Canadian Taiga all year long. M11928 is the only full season lodge and conference centre in the vicinity of Great Slave Lake. Only twenty minutes away from Yellowknife, NWT by bush plane, the lodge and conference centre is ideally situated for anyone seeking a remote northern adventure.
Fishing remains one of the main summertime activities at the Lodge, but we also have hiking trails, canoes, sea kayaks, mountain biking areas, a sauna, telescope, northern library, and of course, or famous year-round outdoor hot tub spa!
During winter, you can go dog mushing, ice fishing, tobogganing on seal skins, sleep in the snow house, play hockey or skate on the ice rink, and of course, sauna or soak in the hot tub! Year round, you can take in Blachford’s Dene cultural experience that includes traditional hand games, drumming, and the story of the Dogrib people.
Accommodations for 35 include 5 rustic but comfortable log cabins and a main lodge with full bathroom facilities. A traditional 18’ teepee, BBQ and picnic area, and open decks are available for various activities. Guests can enjoy our sauna and outdoor hot tub.
The Main Lodge is the only lodge in the Northwest Territories with full service facilities in winter and summer, including hot showers and running water, full electricity, fully stocked bar, and a high caliber chef providing gourmet meals. For those wishing to visit the north in comfort, and those who want to experience the finest northern experience, Blachford Lake Lodge will exceed your expectations. From our outdoor hot tub to the sauna to the environmentally friendly power sources Blachford utilizes, our lodge is the model for all others to aspire to. Lodge bedrooms are dressed with down duvets. The lounges are filled with comfortable furniture. Whatever you want to do, you will definitely enjoy your stay!
Cabins - There are also five rustic but comfortable cabins at Blachford Lake Lodge, comprising the ’Old Town’ area of the facility. The cabins can host from four to five people each in bunk style accommodations. Cabins are heated with wood fireplaces, and have propane lights and a great view of the lake. There are outhouses located near each cabin, and the farthest is no more than a couple of minutes walk from the main lodge where full washroom facilities are available 24 hours per day. Guests staying in cabins have full use of the lodge facilities the same as all guests at Blachford Lake Lodge.
Nearby attractions and activities:
* Sleep Under the Aurora Borealis
* Special Intrest weekends every year
* Womens Spa retreat every spring
* Hot Tub Hits Big Time!
* Shore lunches
* Experience unforgettable fishing north of 60 in the pure, clean waters of M11928: Lake Trout, Northern Pike, Walleye (Pickerel) and Whitefish.
Located 60 air miles southeast of Yellowknife.
* Rates are per person. Please add 7% goods and service tax (residence outside of Canada receive a 3.5% rebate)
* Single supplement requests, add 25% to the package rate.
* Children under 14 years of age – receive 50% off adult rate.
* No charge for children under 2 years of age.
* Children must be accompanied by an adult.
* A deposit of 1/3 the total price is required to confirm your booking. Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival date.
* We accept Visa, MasterCard
* Cancellation Policy: 45 days or more prior to arrival - deposit is non-refundable. 44-15 days prior to arrival - 50% non-refundable. 14-0 days prior to arrival - 100% non-refundable
* Insurance: Cancellation and medical insurance is highly recommended. Please enquire with one of our sales staff for rates and information on the insurance program that we offer.
3 Days (Friday to Sunday)
Lodge accommodation- CA $1049.00
Cabin accommodation- CA $929.00
6 Days (Sunday to Friday)
Lodge accommodation- CA $1999.00
Cabin accommodation- CA $1799.00
Additional day rate from CA$329.00 (does not include air as packages above)
* Return Transportation
* Yellowknife - Blachford Lake Lodge
* Duvet, pillows, linen and towels
* Facilities: Spa hot tub, sauna, nature trails, tipi, lounge and bar, full washroom in main lodge, library
* Equipment: Boats, motors, gas, canoes, kayaks, paddles, life jackets, cross country skis, snowshoes, ice fishing equipment, ice skates
Please note above prices include return airfare if our Friday or Sunday flight schedule is used. Additional charges may apply if flying on a "non-scheduled" day. Rates on request.
A Taste of the Northwest Territories:
6 Day - 5 Night Dog Team Adventure
* All meals on the trail and at Blachford Lake Lodge (meals in Yellowknife not included).
* Four nights accommodation at Blachford Lake Lodge (cabin or lodge accommodation).
* One night camping in the bush in an insulated tent with wood stove.
* Use of dog team and sled with one guide per four participants. You will learn how to mush and work with the dogs.
* Camping and specialized winter gear, sleeping bags.
* Use of snowshoes, ice skates, cross-country skis (boots and poles included), snowmobiles and ice fishing equipment, spa hot tub and sauna at lodge.
* Adventure certificate
* Guiding services on the trail and for "snow fun" activities at Blachford Lake Lodge
* Transportation to and from Blachford Lake Lodge (at least one way will be by ski equipped bush plane)
* All transfers
CA $2895.00 + Goods and Service Tax (GST) per person
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2003
Client Request Served: 38
Welcome to M11928! As the premiere remote fly-in lodge and conference centre in the Northwest Territories, Blachford is dedicated to service. Guests and Conference groups take advantage of privacy and solitude to get their work done, yet have a full service facility that provides for leisure needs.
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: