Nanook Lodge is the proud home to many Fortune 500 companies that entertain their top customers and valued employees. Up to 18 guests enjoy first class fishing, dining and lodging within a short seaplane flight from Seattle. Adventure trips arranged for bear viewing, hiking, and exploration. Personal service from dedicated employees and guides.
SALT WATER FISHING- The prized Chinook, noted for its size, fight, and taste, heads the list of most sought salmon. Nanook will prepare your fish for dinner, prepare it for shipment home, or assist in release back to the wild. Beginning in March, Nanook guides follow Pacific Salmon, residents or transients that are at various stages of their two- to seven- year life cycles. Using large covered boats, you will angle the "Inside Passage". The ride is smooth, the water is tame, and the conveniences are close at hand on Stuart Island. While fishing, you will experience the spectacular scenery of British Columbia. Towering peaks plummet into deep blue waters. There are spectacular views of wildlife at every turn. In addition to salmon fishing, bottom fish for lingcod and halibut.
FLY FISHING- For many, many generations, thousands of Pink salmon have returned to the Phillips River to spawn as their two-year life cycle comes to an end. This occurrence happens only in even numbered years for the “pinks” and all within the months of July, August and September. As many as 500,000 fish will enter this beautiful river providing constant activity for anglers. Coho, Chinook, Chum and Sockeye are present too. Only 25 minutes from Nanook Lodge by boat, the Phillips River is accessed by using club-cab pickups that can maneuver the parallel logging road. Usually Nanook guests will ocean fish in the morning, then spend the afternoon either fly-fishing or spin casting in the Phillips. Waders are optional as angling can be done from the bank or in shorts too. Fly-fishers need to bring their own rods. Flies and spinners are sold at the lodge.
Accommodating eighteen guests in real comfort, the lodge is a perfect place for corporate entertaining, reunions and couples retreats! Groups of twelve or more retain the entire facility. Private rooms feature queen size beds, private baths and showers, hot tub, satellite television and many other amenities. Views are spectacular! Enjoy the hot tub on the deck or just sit by the firepit and sip wine. Eagles are your constant companions!
Seafood is the focus of dining! During the day you will assist your guide in capturing the evening meal. Our chef will prepare the clams, oysters, prawns, crabs, salmon and cod in ways you will never forget. Imagine seafood that fresh!
All guests arrive at Nanook Lodge via seaplane from Seattle or Vancouver, B.C., or by water taxi from Campbell River, B.C. The lodge can help you coordinate your arrangements between these three locations and Stuart Island.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Fishing is only minutes from the dock in calm, protected waters of the inland passage. Professional guides lead guests to great ocean fishing, wildlife viewing and river expeditions. Known for it’s big "Tyee" Chinooks, the Stuart Island area is the gem of the Inalnd Passage.
Nanook Lodge-Skana Adventures offers:
* Sea Kayak through the evergreen islands!
* Mountain biking for all skill levels in the rainforest!
* Bring a camera for the eagles, bears, whales, and more!
* Rainforest hikes and Intertidal tours!
* Salmon Enhancement-Work with salmon on the Phillips River!
Stuart Island, BC is approx. 225 miles north of Seattle and serviced by 2 daily seaplanes. Seaplane service is also available from Vancouver and Campbell River, BC.
* $800 U.S. per person daily, double occupancy, two people per boat.
* $600 U.S. per person daily, double occupancy, three people per boat.
* Room and board only, $350 U.S. per person daily, double occupancy.
* Children and family plans available.
* Maximum occupancy: 18 guests
* Parties of 12 guests or more may retain the entire lodge if requested.
* 50% deposit required in order to confirm a reservation. Balance due 60 days prior to arrival.
* Cancellations made 60 days or more prior to arrival date may have deposits credited against future visits.
* Price Does not Include Liquor, Transportation, Gratuities, Fresh water fishing licenses, Aircraft charters, Gift items, Fish processing, Taxes or Telephone charges.
All fishing, professional guides, tackle, license, room, meals, fish care, and lodge amentities are included in the daily price. Excluded is tax, liquor, transportation, gratuities, phone and gift items.
Please call 206-200-8233 for group rates
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
|Check out these similar vacation offers: