Opened in October 2007 and aptly named 1933, this lodge will welcome local guests, families and friends the world over. Since 1933 has been designed by the family and for the more family, it encapsulates both the warm, personal ambiance associated with a family owned lodge and a world class luxury safari experience. The lodge’s large windows, sliding doors and muted colors mirror the surrounding landscape and create a seamless, indoor-outdoor flow. Timber, thatch and screed flooring add earthy charm to the interior, where the decor is classic-contemporary. Take the lounge, for instance, with its natural fibers, over sized chairs and open fireplace that together create a haven for relaxation. The kitchen is ideal as it opens onto a dining area that’s equally suited to informal family meals or a banquet affair. All of these public areas open onto a large, wraparound wooden deck and 13.5 m (15 yard) lap-size swimming pool.
Note: Children of all ages are welcome. Regretfully children aged 3 years and younger, cannot participate in game drives for safety reasons.
Nestling on the banks of the Sabie River, 1933 represents a secluded environment where comfort and relaxation are the order of the day. There are four spacious suites, each with their own private view of the Sabie River. The bathrooms are just as inviting, courtesy of their double vanity units, elegant bath and outdoor showers. There is also a children dormitory, able to sleep up to 8 children, with his and hers bathroom and an interleading bedroom for an au-pair.
If this sounds like your dream home, that’s exactly what 1933 at Lion Sands strives to be: a gracious home away from home – with a few added luxuries, including your own private chef and ranger, with the exclusive use of a 4x4 Landrover for safari game drives.
- Reception Lounge
- Main Kitchen
- Laundry Room
- Presentation Kitchen
- Dining Room
- Lounge with Fireplace
- Outdoor Living Room
- Open Dining Area on Wooden Deck
- Guest Bathroom
- Wine Cellar
- Gym and Sauna
- Additional lounge/Playroom with satellite television
- Internet connectivity
- Lap swimming pool
- Wooden wrap-around decks
- Air conditioning and overhead fans.
Accommodation in Children Dormitory:
- Children dormitory, sleeping maximum 8 children
- Interleading Au-pair/security bedroom
- Two bathrooms (one with bath and shower, one with shower only).
Accommodation in Suites:
- 4 Luxurious Suites (sleeping maximum 8 adults)
- 1 Adjoining main public area
- 3 Free standing suites joined by raised wooden walkways
- Double bed (or twins)
- Lobby reception
- En-suite bathroom
- Indoor and Outdoor shower (3 free standing suites)
- Floating bath
- Double vanity with dressing table
- Air-conditioning and overhead fan
- Electronic safe
- Personal bars
- Private wooden viewing deck.
Nearby attractions and activities:
What really sets 1933 at Lion Sands apart from any other safari lodge, is its prime setting on the canopied banks of the Sabie River – the very place where Guy Chalkley spent hours writing his storybook, Desert Pool, telling of the myriad adventures his two children, Tony and Louise, enjoyed while growing up on the Reserve.
- Luxury accommodation
- Private chef preparing 3 delicious meals daily
- House wines, local brand spirits and beers, soft drinks, bottled water and teas/coffees
- Exclusive use of a Landrover for safari game drives, flexible times and durations
- Game drive refreshments
- Specified gaming activities
- Laundry service
- Skukuza airport transfers.
- Curio shop purchases
- Health spa treatments
- Premium brand, import beverages, champagnes and private collection in wine cellar
- Telephone calls
- Reserve entrance fees
- Staff gratuities.
About This Supplier
||Location: South Africa
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2005
Client Request Served: 17
M13990, in addition to a unique program of safari activities, the highest standard of service, accommodation, amenities and facilities with 18 luxurious thatched rooms at River Lodge and 6 ultra luxurious villas at Ivory Lodge. The reserve has the highest concentration of predators in Southern Africa where the big 5...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend