Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort, a jewel hidden in northwestern Ontario, less than 40 miles from the U.S. - Canada border. A short float-plane trip from Fort Frances, Ontario, takes you to the lodge located on a peninsula between Yoke Lake and Straw Lake. This American-Plan lodge offers its guests the opportunity to angle for six species of sportfish, including smallmouth and largemouth bass, lake trout, muskie, northern pike and walleye on six separate lakes that are accessible via boat or short portage.
We have made many improvements and upgrades to the main lodge, guest cabins, docks, boats & motors and equipment. We are committed to continue upgrading the facilities to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of our guests. Slippery Winds has practiced catch & release for the past fifteen years and the benefits can be readily observed on the smiling faces of our guests as they recount their day's fishing experiences back at the lodge. At Slippery Winds we want you to relax and enjoy the tranquility and scenic beauty of our area. With this in mind we have limited our capacity to only 18 guests per trip.
Note: With no set changeover days guests can customize their fishing trip to suit their schedule.
Main lodge housing a guest dining room and lounge. The lodge is equipped with high-speed wireless internet and satellite television. There are five, full-modern guests cabins which can accommodate from two up to eight guests. All the cabins have either hotel grade single or double beds, full bathrooms with showers and in-wall propane heaters. The lodge offers 24 hour electricity provided by reliable diesel generators.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Slippery Winds guests have access to six separate lakes.
- Yoke Lake
- Straw Lake
- Sucan Lake
- Sullivan Lake
- Bluff Point Lake
- Cross Route Lake.
Slippery Winds Wilderness Lodge is located 38 air miles north of Ft. Frances, Ontario.
- Rates are in USD per person and subject to change without notice.
- A deposit of USD $500 is required to confirm a reservation. Deposits are non-refundable.
All Packages Include:
- Roundtrip float plane transportation between Ft. Frances, Ontario and the loidge
- Accommodations in private, fully-modern guest cabins
- Boat, motor and gas
- Breakfast, lunch (sack lunch or shore lunch fixings)and dinner daily at the lodge
- Daily supply of minnows.
- Guide: $150 per day
- Specialty baits (must be pre-ordered).
- Federal and provincial sales taxes
- Ontario conservation fishing license
- Misc. purchases at the lodge.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- 3-day package: $1,250 p/p
- 4-day package: $1,450 p/p
- 5-day package: $1,650 p/p
- 6-day package: $1,850 p/p
- 7-day package: $2,050 p/p.
Mid-summer Specials (July 1 - Aug 15):
- 3-day package: $1,025 p/p
- 4-day package: $1,200 p/p
- 5-day package: $1,350 p/p
- 6-day package: $1,500 p/p
- 7-day package: $1,650 p/p.
Note: A deposit of USD $500 is required to confirm a booking. Payment in full must be received 90 days prior to the commencement of the trip.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2009
Client Request Served: 5
M19843 owns and operates three lodges in Three Provinces giving Anglers the opportunity to fish for: Monster Northern Pike, Walleye, Lake Trout, Grayling, Small and Large Mouth Bass, Musky and more. The owner/operator has over 20 years of experience in the lodge industry. Member of Saskatchewan Outfitters Association,...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend