In the deep south of Morocco in the region of M’hamid the Sahara Desert is a beguiling wilderness of palm-filled oases, vast sand dunes, ancient lake-beds, camel caravans and men in blue. Off-the-beaten-track and accessible only by camel or 4x4 it is here that the stylish Sahara Safari Camp is located. Only available on a private rental basis, guests are assured of true solitude in their own exclusive luxury camp in the Moroccan Sahara.
From Marrakech the Sahara Safari Camp can be reached in a day by four-wheel drive on a long (but scenically diverse) drive through the High Atlas to Ouarzazate and along the palm-filled plantations and fields of the Draa Valley to Zagora on the fringe of the Sahara. If flying into Ouarzazate, the camp can be reached in half a day (about 5 hrs).
- 8 spacious nomad-style "walk-in" tents (4 with double beds (three can be split into twins if required, 3 with twin beds and one family tent). Each tent has:
* An inner cotton lining
* Groundsheet covered with locally-made carpets
* Armchair seats with cushions
* A table
* Hanging rails
- Duvets with Egyptian cotton covers and sheets offer warmth and comfort on chilly Saharan nights under an African sky full of shooting stars and distant moons
- Camel leather wash-stands filled with hot water on request
- Four tents have ensuite facilities with hot showers and bio loos. Four tents have private but separate facilities.
- A solar panel harnesses energy from the sun
- Hot water and power for re-charging batteries
- Solar-powered lanterns and candles are used in tandem to create atmospheric evenings in camp
- A camp fire is de-rigueur.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Short excursions can be taken to nearby small oases and dunes in your four-wheel drive vehicle. Alternatively relax in camp, explore on foot or take a camel ride. Star-gaze at night and enjoy the setting and rising sun. Quad-bikes can be hired in M’hamid.
Bounded by the Moroccan Sahara Desert, the Sahara Safari Camp is set in a wilderness location with incredibly varied landscapes.
Our rental guide price provides an indication of direct prices (also known as rack rates) based on low and high seasons. These are the prices you would pay if you chose to book this accommodation directly, but without the financial protection offered through a bonded tour operator/booking agent such as Specialist Morocco. Please contact us for details of our Marrakech city breaks, twin-center holidays, scheduled tours, self-drive itineraries or for tailor-made holiday quotes including this accommodation.
Departing on a daily basis, Specialist Morocco offers a range of meticulously planned, private guided four-wheel drive tour itineraries, from 2 nights to 2 weeks which include Morocco’s Sahara Desert and Sahara Safari Camp. We can also custom-build an itinerary to your exact requirements.
Note: Contact us for more information.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Price: from USD per person per night (full board including activities and non-alcoholic drinks).
- Walk-in twin/double safari tent with beds/mattresses, duvets, bedding and towels
- either ensuite or private seperate facilities with hot water showers (solar heated) and bio-toilets
- All meals (local Moroccan cuisine) including breakfast, lunch and dinner (local cuisine)
- Services of our camp manager, chef and camp assistant
- Mineral water and selection of soft drinks
- Unlimited night-time star-gazing
- Guided desert nature walk and camel ride.
Note: Whole camp can be hired for exclusive use.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2010
Client Request Served: 4
We are a UK and Marrakech-based tour operator specializing in scheduled private vacations throughout Morocco, including the Imperial Cities, Sahara Desert, Marrakech and High Atlas Mountains. With over 15 years experience of operating exclusive tours to Morocco, we meticulously plan and deliver innovative Morocco...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend