When you think of a true Canada fly in fishing trip it doesn't get much more remote than at Windy River Mini-Lodge. Experience the ancient beauty of Canada's tundra in the Nunavut province at Nueltin's northernmost mini-lodge. This mini-lodge grants ten guests access to Windy River, up to Windy Lake and Smith Bay, and out to Nueltin’s north basin. This camp is in the Arctic Tundra, so trees are sparse in this beautiful landscape. But fish are plentiful! Spend your days enjoying the fresh Arctic breezes while hooking huge Lake Trout, Pike and Arctic Grayling.
Windy River offers our clients a mix between main lodge facilities and the freedom of an outpost camp. Although no guides are available, our camp manager is there to point you in the right direction and take care of camp duties. A Nueltin chef prepares your meals, so all you need to concern yourself with is fishing. The excellent equipment at Windy River includes 16-foot aluminum boats with new 15 HP Mercury outboards and quality electronics. Of course you’ll find the standard boating equipment (landing nets, paddles, life jackets, etc.) ready for you upon arrival. Liquor, beer and essential tackle are also available for sale.
- Private cabins, with private bath and modern facilities
- Modern suites
- Satellite phones, fax and e-mail
- Dining room and lounge include A/V equipment for presentations, stereo system, fireplace
- Central showers/facilities
- Well stocked general store
- Complimentary bar from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. daily
- 17 feet custom built Proguide Alumarine boats.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Located over 300 miles from the nearest paved road and over 200 miles from the nearest drive in community, Nueltin Fly-In Lodges and the Nueltin Lake area lies on the northern border Canada’s Manitoba and Nunavut provinces. The only way to access this pristine environment is by air, and Nueltin provides a comfortable flight direct from Winnipeg. Upon arrival you’ll be traveling by boat and float planes to the most remote areas of Canada’s arctic in search of trophy Lake Trout, Northern Pike and Arctic Grayling.
As you travel to Nueltin’s northern sections, you’ll pass over a unique and beautiful environment as you cross the treeline into the tundra. Huge glaciers carved this rugged landscape during the last ice age, resulting in deep, clear lakes and rivers with thousands of bays and endless shoreline. These elements combine to create the perfect habitat for a world class Canadian fishing adventure.
Approximately 760 miles north of Winnipeg, MB on the border of Manitoba and Nunavut.
- All rates are per person and in USD
- Full Deposit of 800 USD per person due at time of reservation (we take Visa and MasterCard)
- Deposits are refundable until January 1, 2011
- Full payment is due May 1st, 2011
- All dates not secured by full payment will be released to our waiting list on May 2nd 2011
- Final trip payments may be made by check only or subject to CC processing fees of 5 per cent.
Nueltin offers the perfect package for every angler! We offer corporate facilities, packages for couples, families and packages tailored just for the boys!
Packages ranging from: 2395 USD - 9995 USD per person for 5 or 9 day trip.
- 8 days of fishing: 3195 USD (June 16th – August 27th)
- Fall trophy special for a few select anglers: 4895 USD (availability extremely limited!)
- Fall trophy special for a few select anglers at Windy River only: 2695 USD (availability extremely limited!).
- Fishing license
- Fast efficient air transport (Winnipeg - Nueltin - Winnipeg)
- Equipment and gas
- Food and lodging
- Camp manager and cook on-site.
- Guides not available at mini-lodges
- All rates may be subject to fuel surcharge.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2003
Client Request Served: 37
M11943 is Canada’s Premier Fly-In Fishing Resort, with Accommodations from Luxurious to Rustic.
The Nueltin Lake area lies on the northern border of Manitoba and Nunavut. The tree line runs east-to-west, directly through this “bridge” between the forests and tundra, making this a unique and beautiful...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend