Our ecolodge, surrounded by tropical gardens is located in a virgin tropical rainforest, with 149 acres (60.5 Hectares) of land, in the Central Pacific Coast of Portalon in Costa Rica, offering an incredible wildlife variety of fauna and flora. This ecolodge is considered one of the most beautiful and well kept in, Quepos-Matapalo-Dominical and Uvita area, with grounds and tropical gardens beautifully maintained and clean, by dedicated staff that deliver the best service every day. This ecolodge was built inside a rainforest were toucans like to nest and wake you up every morning.
Drive 15 minutes South of Quepos on the Costanera road to Dominical, turn left to the town of Portalon, and the resort is 600 meters on your right. Paradise is way from civilization but with excellent roads to drive and get away from the confusion of the modern world come over and experience the sounds of wildlife in a “real” tropical rainforest. More than 75% of our clients stay longer than they have booked for.
Our airy bungalows are non-smoking, have very comfortable beds, ceiling fans, private terrace with bamboo table and chairs, cool tiled floors, private bathroom with hot shower, large furnished living room with an extra bed, kitchenette, with refrigerator, oven and set of dishes, screened windows that let in gentle breezes and melodic sounds from the jungle as you fall asleep.
- Unspoiled Rainforest
- Tropical gardens view from each cabin.
- Ballena Marine National Park.
- Unspoiled beaches.
- Great walking trials.
- Tropical Flora and fauna.
- Beach Fishing.
- Surfing in Dominical Beach (best in Costa Rica)
Stay with us for a five nights and explore the national parks: Manuel Antonio, Ballena Marine. Visit our local towns. Explore the thousands of hectares of unspoiled rainforest.
Nearby attractions and activities:
A holiday in Costa Rica must "always" include one exciting adventure:
- Deep sea Fishing
- Bird-watching/Wildlife observation
- Mountain bike rentals
- Zip – lines
- Hiking (kilometers of trails through rainforest - think Jurassic Park)
- Horseback ride into mountainous rainforest
- Surfing for starters to good surfers
- Dolphin and whale watching tour
- Mangrove Tour Damas Island
- Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
- National Park Marino Ballena Snorkeling and Diving Adventure.
- Beach Fishing with a resident expert.
Drive 15 minutes South of Quepos on the Costanera road to Dominical, turn left to the town of Portalon, and the resort is 600 meters on your right.
- Full payment of the room before arrival.
- Visitors: for full refund, cancellation must be made within 48 hours prior to arrival date, 50% refund if cancellation is made 24 hrs prior to arrival date. No refund is made if less than 24 hrs. Refunds will be made by the same means that the payment was done.
- Children of 0-5 years of age, accompany by an adult stay for free.
Our ecolodge is in Portalon, 170 km from San Jose, 2.30 hours driving through Costa Rican beautiful mountains to the south, in the Central Pacific Coast, taking the Costanera road.
Another way is taking a 20 minutes flight from San Jose to Quepos, which is 18 km from Portalon. The southwest of the Pacific coast is a unspoiled rainforest area in Costa Rica. Virgins beaches like Playa Linda and Playa del Rey are 10 minutes away from the resort.
To enjoy exciting adventures like: canopy, kayaking, rafting, horseback riding, deep sea fishing, Mountain Biking, you just have to talk with La Palapa or read your recommendation guide that is in your room and we will help you to enjoy all the activities you want, but the most important is the kind Costarican people you will meet along the unpaved and muddy roads. Don't forget there is a natural world in Costa Rica to be explored.
Take a walk into the nature trail in La Palapa, one of our guides will take you up and down through heavily rainforest areas, along one of our many streams and highlighted with views of the Pacific Ocean and Matapalo beach.
- $50 - Garden room for 2 with breakfast included.
- $68 - Pool Bungalow-Villa for 2 with breakfast included.
- $88 - Pool Bungalow-Villa for 3 with breakfast included.
- $46 - Single room with breakfast included.
About This Supplier
||Location: Costa Rica
Joined InfoHub: May 2012
Client Request Served: 0
M21260, surrounded by tropical gardens is located in a virgin Tropical Rainforest, with 149 acres (60.5 Hectares) of land, in the Central Pacific Coast of Portalon in Costa Rica, offering an incredible wildlife variety of fauna and flora. A perfect place and the paradise for passionate wildlife lovers.
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend