Yoga vacations charge the body, mind and spirit with new energy, give us a positive outlook and let us experience inner peace. Relax your body and spirit through meditation, yoga classes (outdoor on the cedar platform, weather permitting!), long walks, reading and conversations with like-minded people. You are welcome to spend your yoga vacation with us and stay as long as you wish. We recommend that you stay several days in order to have time to learn, step by step, all aspects of yoga.
Special guests and cultural programs:
Workshops and talks with renowned special guests from around the world on topics of health, science, philosophy and culture. International artists are regular visitors to the Retreat House: Eastern spiritual discourse accompanied by classical Indian music, South Indian dance, colorful temple ceremonies with mantra recitation, and Western classical music.
English-speaking guests are welcome throughout the year. Yoga classes are taught in both English and German and all lectures in German are translated simultaneously into English via wireless headphones.
Our Retreat House has worked closely for many years with Alexandra and Florian Pointner, the proprietors of the ecological hotel across from the Retreat House. This has allowed us to offer our guests a wholesome and nutritious vegetarian dietary program. The entire hotel operation has been certified by Austria-Bio-Garantie, Austria's leading inspection body for organic businesses. It was awarded the European Eco-label as well as Austria's gastronomic accolade "Grüne Haube" for whole-grain and natural cuisine. The Pointners have been running their farm according to organic and ecological guidelines since 1995.
We will be happy to advise you when choosing yoga accessories; how to choose the appropriate cushion, yoga mat, meditation shawl, yoga clothing or book according to your needs. We stock standard works on Hatha Yoga, health, yoga philosophy, meditation, Ayurveda and vegetarian cooking. You will also find a fine selection of classical Indian and meditative music CDs.
What to bring:
Please bring your yoga mat, cushion and blanket. You can buy these in the yoga shop, or borrow them free of charge from the Retreat House (deposit required). Eyeglass wearers should bring a hard case when storing glasses during yoga sessions.
- The non-smoking Hotel Pointner serves wholefood organic vegetarian food.
- The rooms are equipped with hardwood furniture, health mattresses, wooden floors, shower, toilet, hair dryer, telephone and radio. Most rooms have a balcony.
- Should the hotel be booked, accommodation in nearby guest houses in single or double rooms is possible. The room amenities vary. In this case meals will be taken in Hotel Pointner. We will take care of booking the guest house.
- During the hotel closing times, the Retreat House programs will take place in Mittersill, Hohe Tauern, Austria.
- Massage and Sauna: Experienced certified masseuses offer classical massage, foot reflexology, shiatsu and lymphatic drainage.
The Retreat House also offers relaxing full-body Ayurvedic oil massages for women with an Ayurvedic massage therapist from South India. You can book your treatments on arrival. A Finnish and a low-temperature sauna are available in Hotel Pointner.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Schwarzsee - The beautiful Kitzbuehel Schwarzsee lake (about 3 km away) is a protected landmark and popular destination for swimmers: The idyllic lake (15 hectares large and 7 meters deep) is one of the Austrian Alps warmest and most beautiful lakes.
- Kitzbueheler Horn - Kitzbuehel’s local mountain. You can take the cable railway to the 2000 m summit. Once there, be sure to visit the Flower Garden of the Alps.
- Cross-Country And Downhill Skiing - The Kitzbuehel ski region, with its 170 km of slopes and 33 km of ski trails, is undoubtedly one of the most popular ski resorts in the world.
- Hiking In The Kitzbuehel Alps - The Kitzbuehel region is tops among sports enthusiasts year round, and in the summertime it is a veritable paradise for hikers. With 500 kilometres of marked trails.
- Wild Kaiser Nature Reserve - One of the most beautiful hiking areas in the Tyrolean lowlands.
- Krimml waterfalls - The highest waterfalls in Europe.
- Grossglocker - The Grossglocker High Alpine Road (about 70 km away) has drawn 50 million visitors to its incomparable vistas since 1935. This most famous alpine road ends at the jewel of the Hohe Tauern National Park – Austria's highest mountain and largest glacier: the Grossglockner (3,798 m) and the Pasterze.
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds - (77 km away) was opened in 1995 by André Heller on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Swarovski firm.
Kitzbuehel, legendary Alpine sports resort, 4 km away, a historic town, one of the most famous winter sports resorts in the world. Approx 80 km from Salzburg, 100 km from Innsbruck.
The Retreat House is a vegetarian, non-smoking and alcohol-free environment.
To gain the greatest benefit from your yoga stay it is necessary to participate in all activities. Participation in the afternoon lecture/workshop is optional.
Cancellation before the start of the vacation/training/course: The following cancellation fees will be applied to the total course amount:
- For yoga: 30%
- For the hotel:
- Up to 12 weeks before arrival date: no cancellation fee
- Up to 4 weeks before arrival date: 40%
- Up to 1 week before arrival date: 70%
- Within 7 days of the arrival date: 90%
The cancellation fees may be reduced to the extent that the room/bed can be allocated to a new participant.
If you would like to change the dates of your programme at the Retreat House in Austria, a rebooking fee of 50 euros will be charged.
In case of early departure from the vacation/training/course, the following cancellation fees apply to the total amount, minus the days present in the course:
- Only full daily rates are refunded, not individual activities:
- For yoga: 30%
- For the hotel: 70%
- The cancellation fees may be reduced to the extent that the room/bed can be allocated to a new participant. In the case of departure after 12 noon, 100% of the cancellation fee will be charged for this day.
Choose from a wide variety of programs, included in the standard daily rates.
Yoga vacation themes:
- Our Beginner’s Guide to Yoga
- The Yoga Workshop Series
- Asanas – Strength & Flexibility
- Yoga Body Check
- Expand Your Asanas: A Practice Week for the Intermediate Level
- Introduction to the Teachers' Training Course
- Vital Breath – Vital Energy
- Asanas for a Healthy Back
- Yoga Vitality Week
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Yoga Detox
- Yoga and Mountain Magic
- Yoga Relaxation Days
- In Peace Lies Strength
- Yoga Weekend Getaway
- Yoga Vacation Light
- Introduction to Meditation
- Thought Power and Positive Thinking
- Mantra Retreat – Healing Sounds
- Tranquility of Thought – Music of the Soul.
- Yoga Program
- 2 vegetarian meals daily
Note: All rates are subject to a 1.80 € visitor's tax per person per night.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2012
Client Request Served: 1
The Retreat House is a non-profit organisation with locations around the world. We teach yoga with an holistic approach so that we can achieve our goal of a healthy body, a balanced mind and inner peace. A global network of ashrams, centres and yoga instructors guide students in developing an integral practice of yoga...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend