Villa Anna Maria is a beautiful house, built in 2005 , in a size of 130 sqm which can easily accommodate up to 8 people. It is situated in the outskirts of Gerani village some 2 km away with some excellent local taverns, several cafes, a bakery and two mini markets. The tourist resort of Platanes is some 3 km away. The town of Hania is 12 km away. The nearest beach is some 600 meters away.
Villa Anna Maria is a spacious property both inside and out and is a wonderful homely choice for larger families or groups of friends looking to holiday together. The open plan living/dining room with its vaulted, beamed ceiling is a bright and airy space, pleasantly decorated with comfortable sofas and quality furnishings. A well equipped kitchen sits to one side and tall glass doors lead onto the large shaded terrace inviting the gorgeous sea views to become a part of the house itself.
Three bedrooms, one with a double bed and en suite shower/wc and two twin bedrooms sharing a bath/wc, all air conditioned, complete the ground floor. A small staircase leads to a nice mezannine above with twin single beds and a shower room as well as a small seating area. Outside, lawn, sun terrace and lovingly tended gardens surround the good size private pool (50sqm) with a grove of mature olive trees, immediately adjacent, adding a soothing, pastoral feel.
- Facilities: fireplace, Garden, Parking, Pool (50 sqm), barbecue.
- Equipment: Air condition, Dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridge, freezer, clothe swasher, kettle, toaster, TV, DVD, CD player.
- Services: Cleaning and change bed linen and towels 2 times per week.
- Distances to closest: beach 600 m, tavern 2 km, shopping 2 km, town of Hania 12 km, airport of Hania 25 km.
- Luxuries: DVD player, Sea view.
- General: Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe.
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer.
- Utilities: Dish washer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine.
- Rooms: Bedrooms (4), Bathrooms (1), Ensuite (1), Shower rooms (2), WCs (3).
- Furniture: Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 8, Sleeps maximum of 8.
- Other: Linen and towels provided. Highchair available.
- Outdoors: Balcony/ Terrace, Private outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden, BBQ.
- Access: Parking space.
Location & Nearby Attractions:
The Crete region. Crete is the largest of the Greek islands at 8,336 km² (3,219 square miles) and the fifth largest island in the Mediterranean. Crete is a location of significant ancient history and a popular tourist destination. Its attractions include the Minoan sites of Knossos and Phaistos, the classical site of Gortys, the Venetian castle at Rethymno, and the Samaria Gorge, as well as many other natural sites, monuments, and beaches. Crete was the center of the Minoan civilization (ca. 2600–1400 BC), the oldest form of Greek and hence European civilization. The island has also been called Classical Latin Creta, Vulgar Latin Candia.
Crete straddles two climatic zones, the Mediterranean and the North African, mainly falling within the former ,as such, the climate in Crete is primarily temperate. The atmosphere can be quite humid, depending on the proximity to the sea, while winter is fairly mild. Snowfall is common on the mountains between November and May, but rare at the low lying areas - especially near the coast when it only stays on the ground for a few minutes/hours. During the Cretan summer, average temperatures reach the high 20s-low 30s (Celsius), with maximum touching the upper 30s to mid 40s.
The south coast, including the Messara plain and Asterousia mountains, falls in the North African climatic zone, and thus enjoys significantly more sunny days and high temperatures throughout the year. In southern Crete date palms bear fruit and swallows remain year-long, without migrating to Africa.
Rethymno/ Sfakaki area. Beautiful places to be visited:
- The Monastery of Arkadi.
- Scaleta Sandy Beach.
- The old historical town of Rethymno with its Venetian Port and Fortezza Castle.
The Museums of Rethymnon are as follows:
- The archaeological museum.
- Antiques of the Rethymnon prefecture from Neolithic to Roman years are on display. The exhibits are organized in chronological order. Of particular interest is the "filter compass" with the plant decoration, the "teeth-bordered helmet" and the coin collection. The archaeological museum is open every day except Monday.
- The historical and folklore museum. Weaving art and techniques are on display, as well as traditional embroidered examples of national and regional costumes, lace, basket-weaving and ceramic art, traditional farming and harvesting tools. The folklore museum is open every day except Sunday.
- Kanakakis' modern art gallery. Works of the Rethymnian artist L. Kanakakis are on display, as well as a collection of representative works of modern Greek painting. The art gallery is open every day except Monday.
- The Marine Museum. The largest part of the exhibits are made up of shells, while a few vertebrates, sponges and fish are also on display. The museum is open every day, except Sunday and Monday.
- The Eleni Franzeskaki collection. Traditional textiles, embroidery, lace and jewelery are on display. The collection is open every day except Monday.
- The ecclesiastical museum. Sacred utensils, garments and objects of worship of the last 150 years are exhibited. The ecclesiastic museum is open every day.
The availability and the total cost of the services are confirmed , (usually within 24 hours from your request) For reservations till 56 days before the arrival, we require a deposit of the 30% of the total cost. For reservations less than 56 days before the arrival the whole amount (100%) of the total cost is required. There are no other charges to be added. After payment is charged, you will receive your travel documents along with your payment receipt. We accept payment by credit card Visa or Master Card or Bank Transfer.
Cancellation of the reservation. Cancellation made for any reason will result to "cancellation fees". The usual cancellation fees rate as follows:
- Notification in days
- Over 56 Loss Deposit only
- Over 42-49 days
- Loss 60%
- Over 28-42 days
- Loss 80%
- Under 28 days
- Loss 100%
-Non Show: the charge is the 100% of the total booking reservation. If you would like to cancel or modify your request send us e-mail. "Safe Period" for canceling your reservation is considered the number of days prior the arrival date that are safe to cancel. If your reservation is canceled "on time" this means that there is no cancellation fee to be paid. The only charges you get, are for administration fee and expenses that were made for your reservation phone calls, fax, etc.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2009
Client Request Served: 3
M19239 is an independent, privately owned agency specializing in organizing qualitative individual holidays in authentic locations, away from the busy mainstream resorts, in carefully selected villas, apartments and hotels for smaller or bigger groups, families, couples and individuals.
We are also offering a wide...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend