Cristina villas are five newly built houses situated in the village of Sfakaki, approx. 10km from the beautiful city of Rethymno and only 450 m. from the beautiful sandy beach of the area. The characteristic of this beach is the length and the nice sand. Three of these villas have a private swimming pool. The other two do not have.
Each villa has got a size of about 130 m2 and it is suitable for 6-7 people. It consists of three bedrooms and two bathrooms. On the ground floor there is an open plan living area with a full equipped kitchen. A comfortable seating area from where someone can go out to a large balcony. The sitting area has got a Satellite TV, a DVD player, Stereo and a dining table suitable to accommodate the maximum number of people according to the occupancy of the villa. There are also one bedroom with twin beds and a bathroom/WC. An internal marble staircase leads to the first floor where two more bedrooms are, one with double bed and one with 2 single beds. There is also a bathroom/WC with a Jacuzzi-bath.
Each villa is equipped with air conditioning, iron and ironing board and patio furniture. The three villas with the swimming pool of 32 m2 have also a BBQ area and sun beds. In the near distance there are a few nice Tavernas, a supermarket and a bus stop. A local bus runs every half of an hour to Rethymno. A car is not considered to be essential unless someone wishes to explore the whole island.
- Facilities: Jacuzzi, fireplace, Garden, Pool (32 sqm), barbecue, parking.
- Equipment: Air conditioner, Dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridge, freezer, clothes washer, Satelite TV, DVD, CD player.
- Services: Cleaning and changing bed linen and towels 2 times per week.
- Distances to closest: beach 450 m., shopping and tavern 200 m., town of Rethymno 10 km, airport of Heraklion 74 km.
- Luxuries: Jacuzzi/ Hot tub, DVD player.
- General: Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV.
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer.
- Utilities: Dish washer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine.
- Rooms: Bedrooms (3), Bathrooms (2), Ensuite (1), Shower rooms (1), WCs (2).
- Furniture: Sofa beds (1), Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 7, Lounge seating for 7, Sleeps maximum of 7.
- Other: Linen and towels provided. Highchair available.
- Outdoors: Balcony/ Terrace, Private outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden, BBQ.
- Access: Parking space.
Location & Nearby Attractions:
The Crete region. Crete is the largest of the Greek islands at 8,336 km² (3,219 square miles) and the fifth largest island in the Mediterranean. Crete is a location of significant ancient history and a popular tourist destination. Its attractions include the Minoan sites of Knossos and Phaistos, the classical site of Gortys, the Venetian castle at Rethymno, and the Samaria Gorge, as well as many other natural sites, monuments, and beaches. Crete was the center of the Minoan civilization (ca. 2600–1400 BC), the oldest form of Greek and hence European civilization. The island has also been called Classical Latin Creta, Vulgar Latin Candia.
Crete straddles two climatic zones, the Mediterranean and the North African, mainly falling within the former ,as such, the climate in Crete is primarily temperate. The atmosphere can be quite humid, depending on the proximity to the sea, while winter is fairly mild. Snowfall is common on the mountains between November and May, but rare at the low lying areas - especially near the coast when it only stays on the ground for a few minutes/hours. During the Cretan summer, average temperatures reach the high 20s-low 30s (Celsius), with maximum touching the upper 30s to mid 40s.
The south coast, including the Messara plain and Asterousia mountains, falls in the North African climatic zone, and thus enjoys significantly more sunny days and high temperatures throughout the year. In southern Crete date palms bear fruit and swallows remain year-long, without migrating to Africa.
Rethymno/ Sfakaki area. Beautiful places to be visited:
- The Monastery of Arkadi.
- Scaleta Sandy Beach.
- The old historical town of Rethymno with its Venetian Port and Fortezza Castle.
The Museums of Rethymnon are as follows:
- The archaeological museum.
- Antiques of the Rethymnon prefecture from Neolithic to Roman years are on display. The exhibits are organized in chronological order. Of particular interest is the "filter compass" with the plant decoration, the "teeth-bordered helmet" and the coin collection. The archaeological museum is open every day except Monday.
- The historical and folklore museum. Weaving art and techniques are on display, as well as traditional embroidered examples of national and regional costumes, lace, basket-weaving and ceramic art, traditional farming and harvesting tools. The folklore museum is open every day except Sunday.
- Kanakakis' modern art gallery. Works of the Rethymnian artist L. Kanakakis are on display, as well as a collection of representative works of modern Greek painting. The art gallery is open every day except Monday.
- The Marine Museum. The largest part of the exhibits are made up of shells, while a few vertebrates, sponges and fish are also on display. The museum is open every day, except Sunday and Monday.
- The Eleni Franzeskaki collection. Traditional textiles, embroidery, lace and jewelery are on display. The collection is open every day except Monday.
- The ecclesiastical museum. Sacred utensils, garments and objects of worship of the last 150 years are exhibited. The ecclesiastic museum is open every day.
The availability and the total cost of the services are confirmed , (usually within 24 hours from your request) For reservations till 56 days before the arrival, we require a deposit of the 30% of the total cost. For reservations less than 56 days before the arrival the whole amount (100%) of the total cost is required. There are no other charges to be added. After payment is charged, you will receive your travel documents along with your payment receipt. We accept payment by credit card Visa or Master Card or Bank Transfer.
Cancellation of the reservation. Cancellation made for any reason will result to "cancellation fees". The usual cancellation fees rate as follows:
- Notification in days
- Over 56 Loss Deposit only
- Over 42-49 days
- Loss 60%
- Over 28-42 days
- Loss 80%
- Under 28 days
- Loss 100%
-Non Show: the charge is the 100% of the total booking reservation. If you would like to cancel or modify your request send us e-mail. "Safe Period" for canceling your reservation is considered the number of days prior the arrival date that are safe to cancel. If your reservation is canceled "on time" this means that there is no cancellation fee to be paid. The only charges you get, are for administration fee and expenses that were made for your reservation phone calls, fax, etc.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2009
Client Request Served: 3
M19239 is an independent, privately owned agency specializing in organizing qualitative individual holidays in authentic locations, away from the busy mainstream resorts, in carefully selected villas, apartments and hotels for smaller or bigger groups, families, couples and individuals.
We are also offering a wide...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend