Just 1 mile from the historic twin towns of Beaucaire and Tarascon, you are very centrally located in the circle created by beautiful Avignon, St Remy de Provence, Arles, Nimes and the Pont du Gard, and conveniently no more than 12 miles (20 kms) from each and yet only about 45 minutes drive to the Mediterranean. Villa Romantique was built around an old circular stone tower with windows certainly dating from 1820. Our villa in Provence has been completely renovated with immense style and an abundance of love and care to provide very appealing, elegant and welcoming accommodation. It combines great charm, many original Provençal features and pretty and decorative touches, with modern-day comforts. Important characteristics for holiday villas in Provence.
The approach to Villa Romantique is up a steep and winding private lane that leads to just a few other Provence villas set amongst pine and olive trees. You enter the grounds through big decorative wrought iron gates which are electronically controlled, thus ensuring privacy and a feeling of exclusivity. Our Provence villa is in a commanding hilltop position - private but not isolated - and very importantly, you are not overlooked nor are you overlooking any other homes. These are desirable and rare features for holiday villas in Provence. Because of the layout, design and features, this gloriously spacious and fascinating 6-bed roomed villa in Provence accommodates 2 to 12 people in great style and comfort. It is just as perfect for 2 as it is for 12.
There are very few villas in Provence which give you such spacious living accommodation. Our villa in Provence has accommodation which comprises impressive flag-stone Entrance Hall/Sitting Room, 33 ft x 14 ft (10 m x 4.25 m) with large stone feature fireplace. Double doors leading to Baronial-style Dining Room for 2 to 12 with white washed beams. This room goes through to a circular Lounge with white washed beams and massive Provençal stone fireplace, giving a room 38 ft x 16 ft (12 m x 5 m) in total. The villa has Wi-Fi enabled ADSL, and this is free to all visitors should you wish to bring your lap-top computer with you large comprehensively equipped Kitchen (twin sinks, 4-ring gas hob, electric oven with automatic timer, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge and freezer, electric kettle, toaster, cafetiere, blender etc.) 15 ft x 11 ft 6" (4.5 m x 3.5 m). A charming feature is the original and beautifully decorated antique oven (no longer in use). Six bedrooms - all are doubles and/or twins.
The first bedroom is very large main bedroom 22 ft x 11 ft 6" (6.6 m x 3.5 m) with super-king-size bed which can be divided to make twin - 3 ft 3" wide beds (1 m) if preferred the second is spacious circular double bedroom 18 ft in diameter (5.5 m) with four poster double bed (3rd and 4th) 2 bedrooms (both doubles which can be divided to make twins if preferred) with traditional Provençal sloping ceilings and low beams. Bedrooms 5-6: 2 ground-floor bedrooms (1 double and 1 double which can be divided to make twins if preferred).
The house, terraces and pool give you far-reaching panoramic views across the magnificent Rhone valley stretching for over 40 miles (65 kms) towards chic & fashionable St Remy de Provence, birthplace of the 16th century astrologer Nostradamus; to the 11th century village and ruined medieval citadel of Les Baux de Provence perched high on a wild mountain-top escarpment and voted one of the most beautiful village in France; Mont St Victoire; Mont Ventoux; the Luberon - made famous by Peter Mayle's book 'A Year in Provence'; and to the south towards the romantic Camargue (now a Nature Reserve) with its waterways and marshes, pink flamingos, black bulls and cowboys on cream horses.
Villa Romantique is bright and airy, painted white throughout and furnished in a charming and colorful antique Provençal style. It faces south and enjoys the full benefit of the quality of light and the delicious warmth for which this region is justly renowned all year round. Villa Romantique is just 1 mile (1.5 km) out of the historic medieval town of Beaucaire, with its imposing 12th century ruined castle perched high on a rock overlooking the majestic river Rhône. There is a delightful river marina crammed with colorful boats of all shapes and sizes which is bordered with restaurants and bars full of character. Alongside the marina the square is shaded by the typical spreading plane trees (platanes) so loved in village and town squares throughout this region.
Beaucaire was such an important market place in France throughout the Middle Ages that prices struck here for commodities such as wine and cheese, metals and timber, fruit and meat, leather and silk, pots and pans became the norm throughout France. Its Medieval Fairs attracted buyers and sellers from all over Europe and Asia and there are countless ancient buildings which bear witness to Beaucaire's great past. The town is steeped in history and still today there are regular markets, fairs, festivals and celebrations commemorating bygone days and traditions. Beaucaire looks across the Rhône to its equally lovely neighbour Tarascon with the marvelous Good King Rene's castle, one of the best preserved medieval fortresses in the whole of France; its partly fortified old town, the 17th century Town Hall and grand 19th century theater - originally a 16th century abbey.
The villa is set in a mature garden of 1850 sq. meters (approximately 20,000 sq. feet) in the natural style of the region with low ornamental dry-stone walls. A wealth of shrubs and trees provide natural shade and tranquility in the heat of the summer, and throughout the year you will enjoy the relaxing setting of all the different outdoor areas with plenty of space to find your own sunny or shady area as you desire.
- Parking for 5 or 6 cars with covered shaded parking for 2
- Boules area for playing the traditional and absorbing French game of Petanque (boules provided)
- Central Heating for the cooler winter nights (if you should ever need it).
The 2 ground-floor bedrooms share their own large ground-floor 'blue' bathroom with twin wash hand basins, large corner bath with shower facility, and a separate toilet] - see floor plans.
- 4 Bath/Shower rooms (all newly fitted)
- 4 Toilets (all newly fitted) Shower/washroom/toilet No. 3 on the first floor has a sloping ceiling
- Laundry room (washing machine, ironing board and iron)
- Circular Roof Terrace (accessed by internal staircase up from 1st floor landing) with truly spectacular panoramic views
- Large raised ground-floor Terrace looking over the garden and the landscape, perfect for relaxing and dining, with seating for 12 or more, around an inviting old farmhouse table 11 ft 6" long (3.5 m) - An excellent setting for long lazy lunches and those dinners that go on late into the warm nights and filled with enjoyable conversation
- Beautiful circular Swimming Pool built in the style of a Roman colonnaded arena - and charmingly illuminated at night for that enchanting midnight dip. The pool is over 26 feet (8 meters) in diameter giving a surface area of 550 sq. feet (over 50 sq. meters) with semi-circular steps down into the pool for easy entry and exit
- Poolside Sunbathing Terrace with sun loungers, drinks trolley etc.
- Shaded poolside lounge - a perfect relaxing and reading area furnished with a big comfy sofa, matching arm chairs, drinks/magazine table
- Fully fitted poolside Summer Kitchen, with 4-ring gas hob, twin sinks, full-size cool drinks fridge and ice cabinet and stone table for al fresco poolside meals
- Traditional stone-built poolside Barbecue with stone chimney and serving area
- Ornamental Pond Garden with a well-stocked picturesque pond, dry-stone grotto and little bridge and with a further stone table for dining under the trees.
Location & Nearby Attractions:
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend