Built in a U shape around the pool and gardens, the house offers exceptionally spacious public areas and large terraces. It is tastefully furnished with antique wooden chests, teak dining tables; Lamu tiled 4-poster beds and bright kikoy safari chairs.
Five well ventilated and stylishly furnished ensuite bedrooms offer plenty of space for a holiday group. The four guest bedrooms are on the ground floor, each with their own veranda and stunning sea views. A central internal baraza area looks out across the spacious veranda, with large round teak dining table, onto the ocean and the passing dhows. Two staircases lead up to the grand, mirrored master suite; the dining terrace, which has both covered and uncovered eating areas and the main baraza area with bar, music and many bright soft cushions.
A curved private, coral staircase leads directly down onto the beach in front of the house, through an old Lamu door set in the coral studded wall.
3 Double Bedrooms ensuite; 2 Twin bedrooms ensuite; 2 Dining areas; 9m Pool; 3 Baraza areas; 1 Guest cloakroom; Massage table; 5 Swinging beds
- Fully equipped separate kitchen
- Large planted garden with established coconut trees.
- Laundry room
- Beach shower
- Powered by wind turbine and solar panels
- Solar hot water
- Reservations for connecting flights from Nairobi, Mombasa or Malindi can be organized. Lamu airstrip to Kizingoni return boat transfer is included in the rental price.
- Please email us your requested dates and we will advise you on availability. Once availability is confirmed, an invoice will be forwarded to you and your booking confirmed on receipt of a 25% deposit of the rent quoted. After sending the invoice, we allow for one week to receive the deposit. If we do not hear anything after one week, we will be obliged to give the dates out to the next request.
- On receipt of your 25% deposit, we will send you a confirmation and a statement. The balance of the rental is due 70 calendar days before arrival in Lamu.
- Cancellation fees are 25% up to 70 days before arrival, 75% up to 35 days before arrival and 100% after 35 days before arrival.
- For Christmas and New Year bookings, a 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to reserve your booking. The balance of the rental is due 80 calendar days before your arrival in Lamu and is non-refundable.
- Check in time is 3:30 pm and check out is 11:00 am.
- All meals
- House wines
- Beers, selected spirits (vodka,gin) and soft drinks.
- Low Season Rates apply from 17 Apr–16 Jul (minimum stay 3 nights)
- High Season Rates apply from 15 Jan–16 Apr and 17 Jul–17 Dec (minimum stay 7 nights)
- Christmas/New Year Rates apply from 18 Dec–14 Jan (minimum stay 10 nights)
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: May 2010
Client Request Served: 1
M20285 is a collection of seven beautifully designed, privately owned, secluded beachfront houses on Lamu Island, part of the Lamu archipelago off the north coast of Kenya. The houses are imaginatively designed and finished to the very highest standards, fully furnished in colonial Arab Swahili style – with tropical...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend