Soft yellow walls, colourful shrubs and tall coconut palms around the central pool courtyard, allow complete privacy and security, while the three elevated communal areas – the breakfast roof, sundowner baraza and main dining terrace – provide huge views of the ocean, the beach and the passing dhows. Entertaining areas are vast and cool, decorated with traditional carved plasterwork and sturdy hardwood furniture. Brightly patterned kanga-covered cushions invite you to sink onto expansive baraza seats or cool swinging beds that are so comfortable you never want to move.
There are bookshelves and bars, intriguing local artifacts, generous pots full of bright green ferns and palms and the discreet, attentive staff, cheerfully carrying trays of fresh limejuice or afternoon tea. The palatial master suite, dominated by a huge carved mirror reflecting the facing ocean, has a breath taking view over the pool, the beach and the sea. Also on the first floor is a dining terrace with a table long enough to seat 16 comfortably, the perfect party venue! Nothing has been forgotten to ensure your comfort. The ensuite guest bedrooms have private terraces, large netted beds and working desks. Even the pool has floating beanbags! A separate kitchen, with a laundry and staff quarters stands behind the house.
- 4 Double bedrooms
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 1 Twin bedroom, children’s, not ensuite
- 3 Dining areas
- 3 Baraza areas
- 1 Guest cloakroom
- Massage table
- 2 Swinging beds
- 12 m pool.
- Fully equipped separate kitchen
- Large planted garden
- Laundry room
- Beach shower
- Powered by wind turbine and solar panels
- Solar hot water.
- Reservations for connecting flights from Nairobi, Mombasa or Malindi can be organized. Lamu airstrip to Kizingoni return boat transfer is included in the rental price.
- Please email us your requested dates and we will advise you on availability. Once availability is confirmed, an invoice will be forwarded to you and your booking confirmed on receipt of a 25% deposit of the rent quoted. After sending the invoice, we allow for one week to receive the deposit. If we do not hear anything after one week, we will be obliged to give the dates out to the next request.
- On receipt of your 25% deposit, we will send you a confirmation and a statement. The balance of the rental is due 70 calendar days before arrival in Lamu.
- Cancellation fees are 25% up to 70 days before arrival, 75% up to 35 days before arrival and 100% after 35 days before arrival.
- For Christmas and New Year bookings, a 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to reserve your booking. The balance of the rental is due 80 calendar days before your arrival in Lamu and is non-refundable.
- Check in time is 3:30 pm and check out is 11:00 am.
- All meals
- House wines
- Beers, selected spirits (vodka,gin) and soft drinks.
- Low Season Rates apply from 17 Apr–16 Jul (minimum stay 3 nights)
- High Season Rates apply from 15 Jan–16 Apr and 17 Jul–17 Dec (minimum stay 7 nights)
- Christmas/New Year Rates apply from 18 Dec–14 Jan (minimum stay 10 nights)
Joined InfoHub: May 2010
Client Request Served: 1
M20285 is a collection of seven beautifully designed, privately owned, secluded beachfront houses on Lamu Island, part of the Lamu archipelago off the north coast of Kenya. The houses are imaginatively designed and finished to the very highest standards, fully furnished in colonial Arab Swahili style – with tropical...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend