A secluded hideaway, nestled on the beach, it is protected from the outside world by its ochre walls, which offer complete privacy to its visitors. The grassed, frangipani-studded walled garden frames a large freshwater swimming pool, which forms the heart of the Kusini house experience and has been home to many of Kusini’s infamous parties. The long generous lounging steps on both sides of the pool do not interfere with length swimmers, while providing an ideal heaven for children and the less energetic.
Designed in the Swahili style, with traditional plasterwork and wooden beams, built of coral block and furnished with stunning and sympathetic items from around the world, Kusini House offers simplicity, luxury and style. The main house has two large verandas: the ground level overlooking the pool and the top level giving you uninterrupted views of the sea and the sunset. On the first floor, you will find the breath-taking master bedroom wing with its massive four-poster wooden Lamu bed, two en-suite bathrooms and two private balconies.
Here also is the dining area with a huge square Moroccan style table, surrounded by four comfortable cushioned benches. On the ground floor is a spacious en-suite guest room, with twin beds and a private veranda and a snug library room with a TV and massage terrace. A generous entrance hall leads onto the pool veranda and baraza area, where you can while away the days and the evenings, gazing across the sparkling pool and out to sea through the Lamu door.
At the ocean end of the walled garden, there are two separate en-suite guest bedrooms with private verandas looking onto the sea. Above these guestrooms on one side is a roof terrace with swinging beds; the other provides the perfect breakfast spot, each looking onto the sea and the swimming pool. With the beach on your doorstep, a multitude of shady, secluded spots to escape to, warm and welcoming staff to cater for your every need, Kusini is the perfect place to discover a new level of relaxation.
- 3 Double bedrooms ensuite
- 1 Twin bedroom en-suite
- 2 Dining areas
- 2 Baraza areas
- 1 Guest cloakroom
- Massage table
- 2 Swinging beds
- 15 m pool.
- Fully equipped separate kitchen
- Walled garden
- Large planted garden with established coconut trees.
- Laundry room
- Beach shower
- Powered by wind turbine and solar panels
- Solar hot water.
- Reservations for connecting flights from Nairobi, Mombasa or Malindi can be organized. Lamu airstrip to Kizingoni return boat transfer is included in the rental price.
- Please email us your requested dates and we will advise you on availability. Once availability is confirmed, an invoice will be forwarded to you and your booking confirmed on receipt of a 25% deposit of the rent quoted. After sending the invoice, we allow for one week to receive the deposit. If we do not hear anything after one week, we will be obliged to give the dates out to the next request.
- On receipt of your 25% deposit, we will send you a confirmation and a statement. The balance of the rental is due 70 calendar days before arrival in Lamu.
- Cancellation fees are 25% up to 70 days before arrival, 75% up to 35 days before arrival and 100% after 35 days before arrival.
- For Christmas and New Year bookings, a 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to reserve your booking. The balance of the rental is due 80 calendar days before your arrival in Lamu and is non-refundable.
- Check in time is 3:30 pm and check out is 11:00 am.
- All meals
- House wines
- Beers, selected spirits (vodka,gin) and soft drinks.
- Low Season Rates apply from 17 Apr–16 Jul (minimum stay 3 nights)
- High Season Rates apply from 15 Jan–16 Apr and 17 Jul–17 Dec (minimum stay 7 nights)
- Christmas/New Year Rates apply from 18 Dec–14 Jan (minimum stay 10 nights)
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: May 2010
Client Request Served: 1
M20285 is a collection of seven beautifully designed, privately owned, secluded beachfront houses on Lamu Island, part of the Lamu archipelago off the north coast of Kenya. The houses are imaginatively designed and finished to the very highest standards, fully furnished in colonial Arab Swahili style – with tropical...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend