The grand entrance steps take you up onto an elevated terrace and into the high ceiling, white plastered central living/dining room, simply designed in the Swahili style with traditional plasterwork and wooden beams, with a magnificent locally crafted dining table that can easily seat 16 people. The living room has five further doorways: the largest directly onto the pool, through two huge shuttered doors; another leads to the first floor terrace stairs and pool room; into the back courtyard garden; up the stairs to the bedrooms and finally, well concealed behind the beautifully carved plaster ‘niche’ wall, the kitchen entrance.
The house has four double bedrooms, all with bathroom en-suite and each with a private balcony with sea views. The large master bedroom faces west with superb sea views framed by coconut palms. Its spacious bathroom has a Swahili style bath and from the bedroom there is direct access to the rooftop patios. The pool has a dining area, baraza and a poolroom. The house is furnished with traditional Swahili items of furniture, locally crafted items and pieces from around Africa and Asia.
The roof terrace, where many meals are eaten, is one of the coolest and most panoramic spots on the beach. Mature coconut palms, doum palms and many indigenous shrubs and trees grow around the house – many of them rare and unusual. A small coconut plantation of 40 palms has recently been replanted next to the house. In the courtyard garden and close to the house jasmine, frangipani, desert rose, date palms and hibiscus are growing. There are fresh herbs outside the kitchen door.
- 4 Double bedrooms ensuite
- 3 Dining areas
- 3 Baraza areas
- 1 Guest cloakroom/pool room
- Massage table
- 2 Swinging beds
- 8:00 m pool.
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Large planted garden
- Laundry room
- Beach shower
- Powered by wind turbine and solar panels
- Solar hot water.
- Reservations for connecting flights from Nairobi, Mombasa or Malindi can be organized. Lamu airstrip to Kizingoni return boat transfer is included in the rental price.
- Please email us your requested dates and we will advise you on availability. Once availability is confirmed, an invoice will be forwarded to you and your booking confirmed on receipt of a 25% deposit of the rent quoted. After sending the invoice, we allow for one week to receive the deposit. If we do not hear anything after one week, we will be obliged to give the dates out to the next request.
- On receipt of your 25% deposit, we will send you a confirmation and a statement. The balance of the rental is due 70 calendar days before arrival in Lamu.
- Cancellation fees are 25% up to 70 days before arrival, 75% up to 35 days before arrival and 100% after 35 days before arrival.
- For Christmas and New Year bookings, a 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to reserve your booking. The balance of the rental is due 80 calendar days before your arrival in Lamu and is non-refundable.
- Check in time is 3:30 pm and check out is 11:00 am.
- All meals
- House wines
- Beers, selected spirits (vodka,gin) and soft drinks.
- Low Season Rates apply from 17 Apr–16 Jul (minimum stay 3 nights)
- High Season Rates apply from 15 Jan–16 Apr and 17 Jul–17 Dec (minimum stay 7 nights)
- Christmas/New Year Rates apply from 18 Dec–14 Jan (minimum stay 10 nights).
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: May 2010
Client Request Served: 1
M20285 is a collection of seven beautifully designed, privately owned, secluded beachfront houses on Lamu Island, part of the Lamu archipelago off the north coast of Kenya. The houses are imaginatively designed and finished to the very highest standards, fully furnished in colonial Arab Swahili style – with tropical...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend