Fort Morgan Cay is a thirty acre (twelve hectare), white sand ringed island located in the secluded Port Royal Bay, located a mere five minute boat ride from the Honduran island of Roatán. Famous for its proximity to the world’s second largest coral reef, these tropical waters boast unrivaled snorkeling and scuba diving just off its shores.
The island has three gorgeous secluded beaches to enjoy the warm Caribbean waters. When you have had enough sun, grab a kayak or jet ski and explore the eastern end of the island with its mangrove habitat, egrets, blue crabs and turtles, or visit a nearby sunken reef, drop a line in the sea for grouper and bass, or snorkel for conch.
Discovered in 1512 by Christopher Columbus, The Bay Islands of Honduras still keep their primitive essence. Roatán is a true tropical island with steep-sloping jungle-covered hills, long stretches of sandy beaches and beautiful fringing coral reefs. Home originally to the Paya Indians, the island passed from country to country during the conquest of the Americas in the 16th century, viciously fought by both English and Spanish crowns.
This island became the mighty stronghold of Henry Morgan, who ravaged and plundered the Spanish Main. Occupied by the British for a long time, Roatán carries a legacy in the language and culture. In the African slave trade, Roatán had the dubious pleasure of being the dumping ground for the most rebellious and troublesome slaves the British could not control. Today, their descendants compromise a distinct ethnic group called Garífuna. Their wonderful culture of song and dance is still linked to their West African heritage.
- Outdoor pool
- Private pool.
- Audio tape player
- Video library
- Stereo system
- Cell phone
Location & Nearby Attractions:
- Nearest airport: Roatan at 20 miles
- Nearest ferry: Beach all around the property at 20 miles.
- Deep sea fishing
- Pier fishing
- Beach combing
- Bird watching
- Sound/bay fishing
- Jet skiing
- Paddle boating.
- Minimum stay: 5 nights
- Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner/advertiser
* 10% deposit on confirmation of booking
* Final payment is required 7 days before your arrival. Full payment is required at booking if within this time limit
* A security deposit of 10% of the booking price is required to be paid with your final payment
* This is to cover the cost of any damages beyond reasonable wear and tear; if there are no damages, we will reimburse you for the security deposit within 7 days of your departure
* We accept credit cards through Paypal & wire transfers in US Dollars
* Additional services can be paid in US Dollars or Honduran Lempira.
- ll-inclusive rate (All food & drinks): US 2,500 per night/US 17,500 weekly.
- Airport pick-up
- Maid and laundry service
- Linen and bath/beach towels
- Bathrobes and toiletries
- Unlimited use of snorkel equipment, sea kayaks, ATV, sailboat, jet skis and boats (fuel is extra).
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2011
Client Request Served: 0
M20812 is a private island located off the coast of Roatan in the western Caribbean. The island is rented out to interested parties on a weekly basis. The house has capacity for up to 10 people and activities include: diving, snorkling, kayaking, sailing, waterskiing, jetskiing, fishing, and boating. Rental of the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend