Villa Pianciani historic complex known as "Pianciani's Delight", designed by the great architect Giuseppe Valadier back in the late 1700's, is one of the the most remarkable examples of elegant countryside residences in Spoleto and in the entire Umbria region. The main Villa with the annex “the Olde Kitchens” (a three-story house connected to the main Villa) are surrounded by a magnificent historic park designed by the same architect, now also a national monument. Centenary hedges, ancient trees, two vast symmetrical gazebos in wrought iron designed as a rose garden, a large elliptic esplanade in front of the facade encircled by two-wall exedrae which open to two opposing belvederes with panoramic views of the countryside leading towards the valley. At the back of the main building stands the villa's private chapel and on the south side a neoclassical "secret garden" with architectonic elements such as walls, stairs, a fountain, a small temple and a meridian. On the southwest edge of the hill, facing Spoleto, surrounded by olive groves, a large, sun-drenched swimming pool has been built.
The Villa building has three levels: ground floor, mezzanine and main floor ('piano nobile'). The ground floor houses a large salon, a drawing room with pool table, a large, fully-equipped kitchen and bathrooms. On the mezzanine are several small libraries and service rooms. On the main floor, in addition to two entry halls with frescoed walls and numerous bedrooms, there is a vast terrace with the most splendid view over Spoleto, a long balcony at the front, the loggia to the west and several small drawing rooms.
- Maid service and preparation of breakfast included 4 hours a day 6 days a week (from 8 am to 12 am)
- Weekly rental
- All taxes
- Electricity up to 330 kwh
- Water & hot water
- Weekly change of linen
- Change of towels twice a week
- Final cleaning on Saturday
- Internet connection WI-fi
Decorated living rooms (pool table, TV, hi-fi) courtyard, equipped kitchen, elevator, terrace, 10-bedroom 13-bath villa, 3-bedroom 2-bath annex. Studio rooms in annex. Internet WiFi, swimming pool.
restaurants and shops 3 km/2 miles, bank 5 km/3 miles, post office 5 km/3 miles, supermarket 5 km/3 miles, tennis court and bowling nearby. Natural Spa beauty Centre very close by with special agreements for our guests with a heated swimming pool with hydro massage, hydrobike, herbal tea room, a rest and relaxation room with music therapy, sauna, steam bath with cromotherapy, an emotional tunnel and a Kneipp circuit. Calm, friendly dog on premises. Five double bedrooms can be converted into twins.
Location & Nearby Attractions:
Peace and relaxation is the easiest way to enjoy the beauty of the place. Or walk the beautiful countryside and the nearest mountains. Enjoy a swim in the sun-drenched pool in the middle of the olive trees. It is easy to organize bike trips and horse rides. Cooking with the wonderful local cook of the Villa. Painting in the studio rooms. Wine tasting and olive oil tasting. Biking on the longest cycle track in Europe Spoleto-Assisi. Rafting In Valnerina and other sports (paragliding, canyoning, hang gliding, horse riding, mountain biking, trekking, rock climbing).
The Villa has a special discount (30%) for treatments and massages in the nearby (km3) Natural spa (heated swimming pool with hydro massage, hydrobike, herbal tea room, a rest and relaxation room with music therapy, sauna, steam bath with cromotherapy, an emotional tunnel and a Kneipp circuit). Umbria offers an exceptionally varied and meaningful cultural experience, the Spoleto Festival (June-July) festival in Spoleto, Todi (August–September) and Perugia Umbria Jazz (July) Every village, even the tiniest hamlet, has beautiful artifacts and historical monuments.
The distances are usually short and most interesting places are reachable from the Villa within an hour: 9 km to Spoleto. 15 km to Montefalco, Trevi to 21 km, 32 km Spello, Assisi 40 km, 44 km Todi, 60 km Perugia, 87 km Orvieto. Rome (130 km), Florence (212 km) and Perugia are easily reachable by train from Spoleto; the railroad station can be reached in about 15 minutes by car from the Villa.
- Booking deposit: 50%
- Security deposit to be paid in cash to the caretaker on arrival - refund on departure €2000
- Check-in: early afternoon; check-out: late morning
- Minimum stay 3 nights.
- No pets allowed in the villa
- No smoking allowed anywhere inside the villa. Allowed in the outside areas
- No open parties without prior agreement.
- Special prices for groups. Prices vary depending on season and length of stay.
- Great availability for extra services (Organization of receptions, tours, food and wine tastings, weddings, and all services).
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- A deposit of 850 Euros for the cost of the groceries must be paid in cash upon arrival directly to the staff
- Based on receipts the property owner will give the remained money in return
- Preparation of lunch 150 Euros per meal and dinner 200 Euros per meal included waiter service
- Food not included
- Extra maid service 15 Euros per hour
- Babysitter service 15 Euros per hour
- Cancellations must be notified in writing
- Cancellations up to 30 days before the arrival date 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- No refund within 30 days before the arrival date with the option to transfer the 70% of the deposit to another available booking period.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: May 2012
Client Request Served: 3
M21256 organizes a series of international residential workshops and seminars (on visual arts, environment and nature, cooking, food and nutrition and yoga and neighborhoods) are taught by experiened teachers. The Main Villa, the historical park surrounding the Villa, the " Old Kitchens Building" and the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend