As a Dive Master you must have exemplary diving and rescue skills, professional-level knowledge of dive theory, know what your instructor needs – regarding logistics, equipment etc. You also accept responsibility for certified divers within the context of leading or managing diving activities. As a result you must have good people skills and good judgment, display common honesty and courtesy and follow responsible dive practices. Most of all you must show a lot of enthusiasm and show people how to have fun!
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have proof of certification beyond entry level (at least 2 certifications) and proof of 20 or more logged dives with experience in Deep and Navigation.
- Be a certified PADI Rescue Diver or proof of certification in diving rescue from a training organization other than PADI and proof of CPR and First Aid training within the past 24 months.
- Completed and logged at least 20 dives
- Be 18 years old at start of course
- Medical clearance certificate from a doctor.
During your Dive Master Course you will do the following:
- Knowledge Development (12 Topics)
- Water skills and stamina (swim & float)
- Practical application (Mapping project, DM conducted program, etc.)
It is needed to have:
- Cylinder (optional)
- Alternate air source
- Weight system
- Timing device and depth gauge (or computer)
- Knife / dive tool
- Emergency signaling device (whistle, surface marker or flare).
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend