Class VI offers a variety of river craft to suit individual needs, abilities, and river levels: rafts or duckies (two person inflatable kayaks). During your check-in, you may choose your favorite water craft. There is plenty of time to play, experiment, and sample the different types of boats as we float down this beautiful section of river. The relative calmness of the Upper New River is a great place for swimming and floating (with life jackets on of course!).
What to Expect:
- Arrive at Class VI to a complimentary reception of Starbuck's coffee and juice in Chetty's Pub. Chetty's offers an assortment of a' la carte breakfast items.
- Check-in with your Trip Leader and fill out release forms (minors unattended by legal guardians must bring a signed Class VI release form day of trip).
- Change into your river wear, grab a life jacket and helmet, then load up and head for the river.
- Approximate 45 minute bus ride to put-in depending on water levels.
- On route or at put-in, your trip leader and guide deliver a safety talk covering the fundamentals of rafting and proper use of river equipment.
- Enjoy our deli-style lunch part way down the river.
- At the take-out point, the gear is loaded onto our vehicles and we head back to Class VI while enjoying a complimentary beverage.
- Back at Class VI enjoy a hot shower, shop at our Canyon Rim Store, take a stroll to our scenic overlook and dine at Smokey's On The Gorge - all located at Class VI's canyon rim facility.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend