For the Lower New One Day trip we have two options of boats:
Our Adventure trips use the T-8 boat - accommodates larger group sizes (up to 9 guests and one guide) and is the least expensive of the three boat sizes. Good for those that are rafting for the first time and are not sure about what to expect.
Our Premier trips use the T-6 boat - is about 2 feet shorter boat and it accommodates up to 7 people plus the guide. It is for those wanting a little bigger ride than the T-8 boats. Still good for the first time rafters that are adventurous and in good physical shape.
What to Expect:
- Arrive at Class VI to a complimentary reception of Starbuck's coffee and juice in Chetty's Pub. Chetty's offers an assortment of a' la carte breakfast items.
- Check-in with your Trip Leader and fill out release forms (minors unattended by legal guardians must bring a signed Class VI release form day of trip).
- Change into your river wear, grab a life jacket and helmet, then load up and head for the river.
- Approximate 45 minute bus ride to put-in depending on water levels.
- On route or at put-in, your trip leader and guide deliver a safety talk covering the fundamentals of rafting and proper use of river equipment.
- Enjoy our deli lunch part way down the river.
- At the take-out point, the gear is loaded onto our vehicles and we head back to Class VI while enjoying a complimentary beverage.
- Back at Class VI enjoy a hot shower, shop at our Canyon Rim Store, take a stroll to our scenic overlook and dine at Smokey's On The Gorge - all located at Class VI's canyon rim facility.
During the natural evolution of rafting, the raft has undergone many changes, just like the surfboard in surfing. The trend is toward a smaller high performance raft capable of maneuvering around rocks and through the waves with fewer and fewer people. Many groups enjoy the increased spacing in the raft, seating from 6 to 7 people plus your guide, while others enjoy the thrill of being vaulted back and forth through the rapids due to the lighter weight of the raft and its riders. Still others like the fact that it only takes less people to fill the raft means that a group of 7 can have a raft all to themselves. Whatever the reasons for picking the small raft, once you go for the small raft you will want to keep going to the small raft.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend