If you are into to big waves & drops, plan your trip end-may to mid-June. If you want to paddle this beautiful river, but prefer a more technical river with more calm stretches between rapids, plan your trip early-mid May or mid-late June.
Our trips are based out of the Lochsa Lodge at mile marker 162 on Hwy 12, just 12 miles from Lolo Pass on the Montana-Idaho border. Plan a weekend get-a-way and paddle the Lochsa all day returning to the cozy atmosphere and great food at the Lochsa Lodge. Paddle team rafting is the most exciting way to experience the Lochsa River! Participants must be at least 16 years of age. Previous rafting experience recommended. We proudly paddle, made in Boise, ID.
Return times are estimations and various factors can incur delays, be sure to have a time buffer when making adjacent plans or flight arrangements. Return times are based on average water levels. Early season or high water trips may return earlier.
We can recommend when to go, but remember the Lochsa River is a free-flowing river only a few miles from its source, weather conditions can change river flow within 24 hours. We recommend participants be at least 16 years of age.
From Missoula take Hwy 93 south to Lolo, turn West (left) onto Hwy 12. Travel over Lolo Pass and approx 15 miles on the other side of Lolo Pass on the left side of Hwy 12 is Powell, ID, the ranger station, Powell Camp Ground and the Lochsa Lodge.
We recommend for Lochsa River trips No Cotton!!
1. Synthetic fiber layers, like capilene or poly pro top & bottom;
2. Second Top Layer of fleece or wool shirt or jacket;
3. Fleece or Wool socks, gloves and hat;
4. Dry set of clothes for after the trip.
Weather on the Lochsa (May-June) can range from 50-75 degrees rain or sunshine, be prepared for both!
What we provide:
- Guided whitewater rafting. Our guides are licensed by the State of Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association, skilled whitewater professionals who put safety first and also have fun!
- All necessary river equipment-Coast Guard approved life jackets, helmets, paddles, first-aid kit;
- All Cold Water gear-Wetsuit, Neoprene Booties, and Splash Jacket;
- Hot Lunch on the river, beverages for the bus ride home;
- Video showing after the trip back at the Lodge.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend