In order to start this course you need a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization), a minimum age of 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver) and a successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program within the past 24 months.
During the five open water sessions, you'll cover:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- Dive first aid
- Emergency management and equipment
- Swimming and non-swimming assists
- Panicked diver response
- Underwater problems
- Missing diver procedures
- Surfacing the unconscious diver
- Inwater artificial respiration
- Egress (exits)
- First aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- Dive accident scenarios How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 25
- Minimum Open Water Training: five sessions over two days.
The PADI Rescue Diver certification is a prerequisite for all Professional level PADI courses, beginning with the PADI Divemaster certification.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend