This Specialty course prepares you for the basic equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter every day. In addition, you'll get the valuable background on equipment repair and purchase, making you better able to protect your investment.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Scuba Diver, Junior Scuba Diver, PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old (10 for PADI Junior Scuba Diver and PADI Junior Open Water Diver).
What will I do?
During your PADI Equipment Specialist program, you'll familiarize yourself with the operation and maintenance of your personal equipment. Your instructor might also provide the opportunity to review new or unfamiliar dive equipment.The program is not an equipment repair program but it does give you:
- Theory, principles and operation of dive equipment
- Routine recommended care and maintenance procedures
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new equipment.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: six.
What will I need?
- The Scuba Equipment Care and Maintenance book.
Where can I go from here?
You can count this Specialty certification towards your Master Scuba Diver certification.
- Bring your buddy to your Open Water Course or Advance Course and get a -35% discount for your buddy (July until August).
- From May, June, September, October you get -50% discounts.