Diving Nitrox rather than air has many advantages:
- Nitrox, when used as if it were Air, adds a significant safety factor to your dive profiles.
- When utilized in this manner - the actual nitrogen in-gassing is that of a 15-20 foot shallower dive.
- Divers who simply want to build in more conservatism commonly use Nitrox and plan dives as if they were using air.
- If you have one or more contributing factors to DCS working against you (age, obesity, dehydration, a strenuous dive, etc.) then diving Nitrox with an air computer or air tables greatly decreases the chances of getting DCS.
A significant increase in no-deco limits.
- Reduction of decompression time if the no-deco limits are exceeded.
- Reduced fatigue after diving especially noticed after deep dives.
- Shorter time required during surface intervals.
- Longer no-deco limits on repetitive dives.
Why A Nitrox Course?
The increased oxygen percentages and PO2 in Nitrox can become toxic at shallower depths than air. Nitrox EAN32 has a depth limit of 130 feet sea water and Nitrox EAN36 has a depth limit of 110 feet sea water. For this reason, Nitrox training is a must.
Nitrox, like all other breathing gas mixes (including air), has its safe limits at depth so it is very important to know and understand these limits before you dive Nitrox. You will also need a Nitrox Certification card to purchase Nitrox gas. To fully understand the benefits of using Nitrox it is important to receive proper training.
Upon completion you will receive certification allowing you to use Nitrox for all your advanced diving adventures.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend