For corporate entertaining or as an incentive to your staff and customers, yachting is second to none. Southern Cross Yachting specialises in both organising corporate regattas and entertainment and conducting management training and team building courses. Whether your company is large or small we can design a cost-effective program to benefit your business.
12 Day Programme Duration 5 hours
- Welcome and safety briefing on board the yachts
- Introduction to parts of the yacht and basics of sailing.
- Leave marina for 4 hours sailing on beautiful Moreton Bay.
- The on water activities will focus on either sail training or team building or in the case of more than one yacht, racing!
- Softdrinks and bottled water included.
Full day programme Duration 9am to 5pm
- Welcome and introduction to yachting, safety brief and parts of the yacht.
- Basics of sailing and roles on board the yacht. Overview of the day’s activities
- Leave marina for sailing on Moreton Bay.
- As for the 12 day course the focus can be on sail training or team building as each person takes it in turn to do each job on the yacht from helming to trimming the sails.
- The yacht anchors for lunch aboard and swimming (weather permitting!) before sailing in the afternoon and returning to the marina for de-brief.
- Softdrinks and bottled water
- Catering additional (we have a range of menu options available or you are welcome to arrange your own catering)
Corporate Racing Regattas
We can organise a yacht-racing regatta for numbers from 10 persons (2 yachts) to 200 persons. These events can be anything from a relaxing fun race to a serious 'blood on the water' contest!
12 Day Duration 5 hours
Includes pre race briefing, 1 hour on the water training and the race around Green Island returning to the marina for post-race presentation. Softdrinks and bottled water included.
Wednesday Afternoon Racing
Why not treat your staff or clients to an afternoon of fun by entering a yacht in Moreton Bay's famous 'WAGS' race! This race is held each Wednesday and is designed entirely for crews participating to enjoy themselves. It is a 'pursuit' style event with the yachts start time depending on the speed and handicap of the yacht (smallest boats start first). The school has various sized yachts available depending on the size of the group. The afternoon begins with lunch at the Yacht club before leaving the marina for a short practice before the start. After the race we return to the yacht club for the presentation and a drink. Feel free to stay on for dinner. Hire of the yacht, qualified skipper and softdrinks and bottled water (lunch not included).
Full Day Duration 9.00am to 4.30pm
Includes pre race briefing and training in the morning with the yachts rafting up at anchor for lunch. The yachts will then complete two short races or one longer race depending on the winds and the group level of competitiveness. Yachts will then return to the marina for de-brief.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend