Some of our favorite diving spots are:
- Rainbow Reef, outstanding colours from the unique biodiversity of hard & soft corals.
- Madonna Rock, a 25 metre dive with exciting swim thru's and caves.
- Moray Beach, 18 metres deep diving with beautiful corals and home to Giant Morays.
- Goat Rock, spectacular deep wall dive down to 40 metres diving depth.
- The Electric Nose, dramatic deep dive down to 45 metres.
- The Outer Islands, unexplored group of Islands offering diving from 10 - 50 metres.
The weather obviously dictates diving conditions, but normally visibility is 10 - 30 metres and water temperature between 22 – 30C. Most diving is from our dive boats which cater for a maximum of 30 divers each and offer full facilities including dive platform, WC, shower, galley, first aid kit, mobile phone, signalling devices and oxygen. We also have 8 metre speedboats with 200 hp outboards for executive diving trips or private charter.
The Crew is trained in Oxygen First Aid and we have a Divemaster who is a Medical Doctor with her own practice in Nha Trang. The emphasis is definitely on fun & safety. So whilst there is a recompression chamber North of Nha Trang, we have never had to use it and want to keep it that way! So whilst there is a recompression chamber in Nha Trang.
Marine life may not be as prolific as The Red Sea or The Barrier Reef, but we have many rare fish (frogfish, paperfish, devil scorpionfish, dragonettes, flying gunard, cowfish etc.), nudibranches & giant moray eels, as well as one white-tip shark (called Eric!), some small manta rays, large stingrays and some shy turtles. There are over 400 species of hard coral making it one of the richest hard coral dive sites in the world.
Surprisingly, there are no wrecks to dive as the locals have salvaged everything above 50 metres. However, there are a few "wreckages" south of Nha Trang, but we continue to check out new dive sites, ever hopeful of discovering the "pristine wreck". Night diving is always available from the beach or to one of the nearby islands via speedboat. After any dive-day you can ‘relax’ at The Rainbow before heading out to party into the early hours at Crazy Kim's or The Sailing Club.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend