- Ports of entry: normally discussed when the hunt is booked. We will met you in Harare, Zimbabwe’s capital has an international airport; Polokwane and Johannesburg, in South Africa are also often used.
- Health requirements: current theory regarding malaria is that an antimalarial course be followed on a trip to Africa, but please consult your GP or the CDC for the recommended treatment.
- Trophies: these are delivered to Harare for packing and shipment.
- Weapons: permits are issued at ports of entry into Zimbabwe. Minimum legal caliber for Buffalo and Elephant is 375.
Zimbabwe lies on South Africa's north-east border. It is renowned for its hospitality and its great hunting. The country is encompassed by the might Zambezi river on its northern border and the Limpopo river on the south. Hunting is available throughout the country, with big game areas mainly in the Zambezi Valley and the Southern Lowveld.
The months of May - October are best for hunting with mainly clear blue skies and mild temperatures. Summers (the rainy season) can be hot (up to 110°F in the Valley and the Lowveld), but mild on the higher ground of the main watershed. Days of sunshine alternate with heavy showers.
- 3 shirts, long sleeved, khaki
- 2 shirts
- 2 pair shorts, khaki
- 2 pairs of slacks
- 3 pair trousers, khaki
- 2 pairs of socks
- 2 shirts, short sleeved, khaki
- Sweater or jacket
- 3 pairs cotton socks
- Thermal underwear (for June, July and August)
- Warm overalls (these are recommended but can be done without)
- Lightweight gloves
- 1 pair comfortable walking shoes
* Camouflage clothing is strictly illegal.
- Primary rifle: we recommend a 375 caliber with scope
- A second rifle is optional - minimum caliber should be 270
- Belt and cartridge holder for 8 to 10 rounds
- GOOD binoculars (8 x 30 or stronger - rubber armored, fitted with an over-the-shoulder adjustable webbing carry strap but any similar ones are suitable)
- Hunting Knife.
- For caliber 375:
* 40 rounds 270 grain soft points
* 20 rounds solids.
- For caliber 270: 60 rounds 140 grain Winchester fail safe.
- Personal toiletries and medications plus malaria prophylactics, lip salve, aspirin, sunblock and anti-diarrhea tablets
- Insect repellent
- Tick Repellent Spray (odorless)
- Leather-man, Swiss army knife or small lock blade, with pouch for belt carry (not an essential item, but useful to have)
- Camera (if digital please bring your USB cable or adapter with. We would like to download your pictures too)
- Spare camera battery
- Flashlight (extra batteries, extra globe)
- Reading material.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend