If you are really keen and wish to see more exotic species further up country, I can arrange longer trips for three or four days (two or three nights) with all transport and accommodation provided. These longer trips make it possible to reach excellent bird watching locations like Tendaba camp and Basse, possibly returning via Georgetown and the north bank of the river Gambia, always stopping at the best spots on the way. Places like Myanga Bantang, Panchang, Kaur Wetland and Bao Bolong Wetland.
We offer a number of birding destinations:
- Abuko Nature Reserve, a well established wooded reserve about 15km south of Banjul
- Lamin Rice Field, near to the Abuko Nature Reserve
- Yundum Woods, a semi-agricultural area with woods and bush
- Kotu Rice Field & Golf Course, near the Atlantic Coast and close to several hotels
- Bund Road and Cape Creek, on the outskirts of Banjul, Gambia’s capital
- Brufut Forest, about 10km south-west of Serrekunda
- Marakissa, south of Brikama near the Senegal border
- Tujering, a semi-wooded area near the Atlantic Coast about 25km from Banjul
- Pirang rice field and Fish Ponds on the south bank of the Gambia River near Faraba Banta
- North Bank and Up-Country, etc.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend